Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Thank you so much for CouchCMS! This is hands down the easiest CMS I have ever worked with. Know that I bought the PRO version without hesitation, if only to support your work. Can't wait to see the next steps for this! I have two questions:

1. I noticed that with the PRO version where I should be able to rebrand it, the tab of the admin page still reads 'CouchCMS'. Is there anyway to change that?

2. I want to have multiple clients able to log in and edit their own pages on my site, without the ability to edit each other's. I've accomplished this by creating separate databases for everyone, and installing Couch more than once. I also want a place on my website where people have to log in to view the content. I would like that username and password to be the same that they use when they access their own space. I know that Couch has this ability, but if I'm using a separate database for everyone, then I lose that ability. Is there some way to limit everybody's log in to only edit their page, so that I only have to use one installation of Couch?

Again, thank you for this program!
Hi Matt and welcome :)

Thank you very much indeed for supporting Couch. I am glad you liked it.
Replying to your questions -
1. I noticed that with the PRO version where I should be able to rebrand it, the tab of the admin page still reads 'CouchCMS'. Is there anyway to change that?

That can be changed by editing the language file in use (default is EN.php). This is found in 'couch/lang' folder. Following are the settings that you'd want to edit
Code: Select all
        // Admin Panel
   $t['admin_panel'] = 'Admin Panel';
   $t['login_title'] = 'CouchCMS';

..Is there some way to limit everybody's log in to only edit their page, so that I only have to use one installation of Couch?

I am afraid, no. Atleast not at the moment. Users and access control is pretty basic right now but, as I mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the next version of Couch focuses almost exclusively on rectifying this limitation.
Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to the next release. I understand that it could take some time, but that being said, any idea on an ETA?
Is this any closer? Need help testing? I know it's been less than a year, just checking.

mattburnsey wrote: Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to the next release. I understand that it could take some time, but that being said, any idea on an ETA?
@brosskgm
Hi,
Is this any closer? Need help testing? I know it's been less than a year, just checking.

Thanks and welcome :)

The upcoming release of Couch (v1.4) will have the feature of allowing 'User submitted content' from the front-end (i.e. without needing access to the admin-panel).

This feature would allow designers to craft sections on the front-end site that would behave like 'customized mini admin-panels' (so to say) of their own design where access would be limited to only certain templates and (if configured) to only certain users.

This combined with the second important feature of the release - i.e. fine grained user access control, should allow to easily build the kind of functionality mentioned in this thread.

As for the ETA, I cannot give a fixed date but can only say that work has already begun and we are almost 30% there. So, maybe there is still some time to go but it should be an exciting release.
Stay tuned :)
Thanks for such a quick reply.

I'll post a odd question in the other section. Your favicon shows up for every page now even the ones that are not yours. Even after deleting it from /couch. It's branded in the system and will require a setting edit I guess. I've never run in to this before.

KK wrote: @brosskgm
Hi,

Thanks and welcome :)

The upcoming release of Couch (v1.4) will have the feature of allowing 'User submitted content' from the front-end (i.e. without needing access to the admin-panel).

This feature would allow designers to craft sections on the front-end site that would behave like 'customized mini admin-panels' (so to say) of their own design where access would be limited to only certain templates and (if configured) to only certain users.

This combined with the second important feature of the release - i.e. fine grained user access control, should allow to easily build the kind of functionality mentioned in this thread.

As for the ETA, I cannot give a fixed date but can only say that work has already begun and we are almost 30% there. So, maybe there is still some time to go but it should be an exciting release.
Stay tuned :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1