Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi KK and all others,

Having only built static web sites so far, I hope it is OK to also ask general questions related to the use of CouchCMS - in this case pertaining to phpMyAdmin and its export function.

Testing CouchCMS and related database transactions, such as the export of a backup .sql file, I made a screenshot before the transaction showing 12 tables (11 tables of the InnoDB type, 1 table of the MyISAM type) with a total size of 950 KiB.
After deleting all tables and re-importing the backup .sql file, the total size of all 12 tables is 948 KiB.

Here's my question:
From your experience, is such a minimal difference between table size after export and re-import a usual and negligible thing, or is it a sign that something went wrong? From skimming over the pages after re-import, everything seems to be OK, as before.
BTW, the difference of 2 KiB after re-importing the .sql file happened to the one and only MyISAM type table, namely the couch_fulltext table.

Thanks a lot for any hints!

Solaris
Hi Solaris,

To tell the truth, I have never scrutinized this process with such minuteness.
However, phpMyAdmin is a very stable and trustworthy tool and I have no reason to doubt its accuracy.

The discrepancy in size could be an artifact of the way MyISAM stores data or something like that. In any case, the couch_fulltext table is used only to provide the search results so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Hi KK,

thanks a lot for your reply!
I am going to keep an eye on this kind of difference and just wanted to hear from someone with more experience in phpMyAdmin matters whether the file size of export / import .sql files normally is (or has to be) absolutely the same or not.

So thanks again for your info!

Solaris
3 posts Page 1 of 1