Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

Can you please explain how to delete images and files from the CMS? I can't find a delete button...

Thanks

Lewis
Hi Lewis. The short answer to your question is you can't do that through the CMS, you would need to do it through FTP. Look at this thread: http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6954.
If I delete images and files via FTP, is there a record of them anywhere else, like a database record that must be deleted?

Lewis
Couch 1.4 comes with a new file-explorer that (of many other features) supports deletion as well. So, the utility mentioned in this thread should no longer be needed.

More info about the file-explorer - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7712

Hi Lewis,

The images can be safely deleted from outside the CMS. Couch keeps no records of them except, of course, the ones that are still being referred to through 'file' and 'image' editable regions (in which case, you'll end up with broken links on the front-end).

As an aside, a user of Couch (his client actually) was having trouble using FTP to delete images. As a quick-n-dirty method I patched up an open-source script that can be used to explore (and delete) the uploaded images.
I am attaching it here. It might help you, possibly.
Place it within the 'couch' installation folder and then it can be accessed (by admin/super-admin only) as http://www.yoursite.com/couch/explorer.php.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Works like a charm!

Integrating this in the cms as a (super)admin only page and integrating the ability for batch uploads (read: multiple uploads at once), could come very handy as a media manager...
Can we get more input here, about what 1.4 Couch CMS has changed about this?
Can we get more input here, about what 1.4 Couch CMS has changed about this?
Couch 1.4 comes with a new file-explorer that (of many other features) supports deletion as well. So, the utility mentioned in this thread should no longer be needed.

More info about the file-explorer -
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7712
Hi Can we uppdate the old version with new one. without making change the database.

Is there any way to upgrade from couch 1.3 to 1.4
@npsaravanakumar
Hi Can we uppdate the old version with new one. without making change the database.

Is there any way to upgrade from couch 1.3 to 1.4
Yes, of course :)
The installation zip has a file named UPDATE.txt containing all the instructions.
No manual database change would be required.
9 posts Page 1 of 1