Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to install Couch on local machine and already installed XAMPP on my mac. I'm following the step by step instructions on this page http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/portfolio-site/building-a-real-world-site.html and am stuck on where I'm supposed to modify config.php file. It says I need to replace 'database_name' with my actual MySQL database name, but I have no idea what it is. Where can I find it? Also, since it says MySQL has no password, I replaced 'database_password' with ' '. Is this right?
Hi hajinc,

hajinc wrote: It says I need to replace 'database_name' with my actual MySQL database name, but I have no idea what it is. Where can I find it? Also, since it says MySQL has no password, I replaced 'database_password' with ' '. Is this right?

Before installing CouchCMS, you have to create this database yourself.
To do so, after having started Apache and MySQL in XAMPP, visit localhost/phpmyadmin/ to create a database for CouchCMS. When creating this database, write down database name, database username and database password and later fill them in the respective lines in your config.php file.

Hope this helps you getting started, good luck!

Solaris
2 posts Page 1 of 1