Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Just have a general question. I wondered how your workflow is? And what software do you use to create websites?

In the past I made the design in Photoshop, but today, the advent of CSS3 and Responsive Web Design, I use Photoshop less and less. Nowadays I use frameworks and from there I continue to build the website. I'm still planning to make my own framework that will improve my workflow.

I use Sublime Text 2 for coding and sometimes Photoshop or Pixelmator for design. Since I've discovered Sublime Text 2, I absolutely love it.
I find it is much easier to just create the layout with CSS than to mock everything up first with Photoshop. It makes performing small adjustments less work.

I very much like Notepad++. :)
Interesting that you are both moving away from the Photoshop mock-up approach ... I agree that it is so much easier to tweak a design in CSS than to go back to the image of a design mock-up. However I still tend to create an initial mock-up for the client to agree to ... but always point out that the 'real thing' will look much much better (especially the text elements).

I am currently using Crimson Editor, but have Notepad++ downloaded waiting to be explored - it's always hard to find the time to make the transition from a familiar piece of software to an unfamiliar one! This is why it is so important to find something you can trust as a huge amount of time is invested in integrating a new tool/piece of software in to your workflow (we are lucky to have found Couch :) )

Like you Martijn I am exploring frameworks more and more (twitter's Bootstrap and Skeleton) - as a one-person set up I need to tap in to the collective knowledge and expertise of others - you can't possibly keep up with the fast pace of change, use of mobile devices etc on your own. I'm a bit intimidated by responsive design I have to say, but am going to explore the options that Bootstrap offers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1