Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
45 posts Page 4 of 5
Thank you for the theme, it's really nice!
Yet to try this theme, it looks cool!

Thought I should ask here, is it possible to incorporate an alternate design of the Couch login page?
I'd like to have a login page with the look and feel of the site
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
You could modify the design in the same way that I styled the login pages differently than the default theme. This would require some CSS overriding. Nevertheless, you should know that with Couch 1.4.5, the HTML markup and CSS will change so any edits you make will need to be reapplied.
cheesypoof wrote: You could modify the design in the same way that I styled the login pages differently than the default theme. This would require some CSS overriding.

So I can edit the php file aswell? the one that displays the Couch login page? if yes, where is it??

Also I'd like to have users register themselves on my site via a registration page that i can custom design, and that displays all their entered info in the Couch backend, I'm hoping Couch is able to do this now, if not, please tell me 1.4.5 will be able...
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
You can certainly edit the HTML markup in the php files if you want. You could also just edit the theme's CSS file, which is the approach I took.
couch/auth/auth.php - Line 250
couch/functions.php - Line 1944
couch/theme/styles.css
Do know that if you make these changes, they will need to be reapplied whenever you upgrade.

1.4 should be coming out soon with additional user functionality. Please wait for a little bit longer if you can; KK is wrapping up the final details and documentation.
And i when i thought that CouchCMS couldn't get any better. It becomes responsive.
cheesyproof: I've downloaded the files, backuped and deleted the old ones and replaced them with the new ones (downloaded from the beginning of the thread).
However if I use them, the pages which are dynamic (containing a template) do net render correctly (blank). The couch admin panel has the same issue.

I'm working with the most recent couch version on localhost with couch folder and its containing index.php namechanged.

I tried replacing and overwriting the files but only if I use the backup files, everything renders fine again like there's some sort of path braking?

Thanks for any help.
The attachment files are only CSS and images and therefore could not be responsible for what you are seeing. The problem is likely with how you are installing this theme. Please merge the theme attachment folders with your default folders. Replacing them will not yield the desired result as many necessary default files will be missing. If this does not resolve the matter, please post/pm additional details like the admin URL.
Thanks Cheesyproof, works like a charm.
Probleem seemed to be I replaced the files instead of merging indeed (just like you mentioned)...
Hello cheesypoof, glad to hear that there will be many new features in the Admin-side in 1.4.5 version.
I'm using now 1.4RC and want to completely rewrite html, js and css for it, but the code is spreaded in a set of php files. Please tell me, will the 1.4.5 version have a separate template for Admin-side?
45 posts Page 4 of 5