Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
45 posts Page 3 of 5
I use the latest version of Chrome (Version 21.0.1180.89).

I figured it out, I have not properly installed. If you overwrite a folder on a Mac it will also delete some files which are not in copied folder. Sorry for my mistake.

It's now working correctly.

Can you indicate which lines you have added or have changed in the update? Because I have also made ​​some changes by myself in the file styles.css.
Good to hear you got the repeatable styles working. :)

I think it would save you effort if any modifications you made were placed in customize.css. If for example it is a case of overriding a default style, then all you need to do is place a more specific selector in customize.css. Let's say I have styled something like this in styles.css:
Code: Select all
.button{font-size:13px}
You could override this in customize.css like so:
div.button{font-size:12px}
A div with a class of button is more specific than any element with a class of button. Doing this will save you the hassle of having to perform these changes again for the next update, whenever that may be.

I modified tablegear.css, and these are the line numbers of the styles.css changes:
You're right. I understand your point. I'll use the customize.css file for make some modifications.

Thanks! :)
Just thought I should point a few things out:

If you are using the technique detailed at http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2778 to display Google Analytics data, you can make use of the "iframe-analytics" class for the iframes instead of inline styling:
<iframe src="..." class="iframe-analytics" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

When using Couch's gallery feature, set your 'gg_thumb' editable region to width='132' and height='99'. Since most digital cameras take pictures with an aspect ratio of 4:3, I thought incorporating this would be a good idea...
Thank you, cheesypoof. I really appreciate this.

A few questions. Do you know how I can override the default 'body' tag and the color of the link 'Forgot your password?' in the login screen? I tried a few things, but that did't work.
For the <body> you can do this:
html>body{background-color:red}

The 'Forgot your password?' link uses the default coloring provided by customize.css:
a{
color:green
}
a:hover,a:focus{
color:purple
}
Thanks. The 'html' tag before the 'body' tag works.

I have a dark background and the background of the menu is white. I don't want to change the default link styles, but just the 'Forgot your password?' link. Is there a way to do this in customize.css?
#login>p>a{
color:green
}
#login>p>a:hover,#login>p>a:focus{
color:purple
}
Yes, thanks! :)
Unless there are any new bugs discovered, I will leave the theme as it is for now. Any future updates are likely to focus exclusively on maintaining compatibility with new Couch releases.
45 posts Page 3 of 5