Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
45 posts Page 1 of 5
This theme supports 1.3.5 and earlier. Later Couch releases have added components that are not styled.

This theme is now free to download and use under the MIT License! Let me know if you like it and definitely report any bugs.

responsive-admin-theme.zip
Installation instructions included.
(43.15 KiB) Downloaded 1710 times

Features:
  • Layout is entirely CSS (no images)
  • Breakpoints reduce layout width to accommodate small screens: 1008px, 694px, and 478px
  • Code examples for adding/modifying template icons (clonable and non-clonable)
  • Centered and left-aligned theme styles
  • Colors and language easily customized

responsive.png
responsive.png (201.61 KiB) Viewed 12655 times
Looks great, well done!
I was wondering how your 'Google Analystics' and 'Maintenance Mode' admin pages look. Can you see your Analystics results on that page? And can you switch to maintenance mode in the admin or is it just how the page looks?
For the 'Google Analytics' template I made use of a great technique detailed by KK to display the analytics results in the admin panel: http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2778. You can see an example of the graphs at: http://www.seethestats.com/site/seethestats.com. I simply changed the graph color and applied some styling (margin, border, border-radius) to each 'iframe' to make them not look out of place in the admin panel.

The 'Maintenance Mode' template looks the same as the '404' template in the admin panel, the only difference being the content in ckeditor. It only controls the look of the page.

I'm glad you liked the theme. ;)
Awesome. It works perfectly. Thanks!

Also, I have a SEO page in the Admin Panel where I have my description and keywords. Perhaps an idea for you?
I have search-related fields in a group in the 'Global Settings' template. 8-)
That is also an option. :)

I was thinking... is there a way to make the admin panel responsive? My brother is often away from home, so he can update his website through the admin panel on his smartphone.
I'm no expert on mobile or responsive design. CSS is incredibly powerful, so I don't think it would be too difficult to implement. I will definitely look into adding a few media query breakpoints for this theme in the very near future.

Update: Implemented, see the new 404 screenshot. The standard layout is 1008px wide. If the browser window isn't big enough, the layout automatically adjusts to the 694px or 478px (single column) width versions.
The 404 screenshot looks more mobile friendly, but it's not fully responsive.

I really like the menu from the Twitter Bootstrap framework when you viewing it on smaller screens. The menu changes when you are viewing it on a mobile. I also want something in admin panel of Couch, but I think it is only possible if we can make adjustments in the php files. Or is there another way?
Cheesyproof, may I ask how you managed to get those icons before the admin panel entries?
45 posts Page 1 of 5