Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
45 posts Page 5 of 5
I'm not entirely sure what you had in mind by a separate template. If you meant recreating the entire admin panel with Couch tags, then no - that is not planned for 1.4.5. Nevertheless, with the release of 1.4 we are certainly much closer to being able to accomplish this... @KK could probably comment with more authority than me on what the long-term plan is.

I would suggest if you are able to wait a little while longer, do so as 1.4.5 will have entirely new HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (using jQuery).
Thanks for your reply!
OK, I'll wait for 1.4.5. Couch becomes better and better, nice to see it)
Hi cheesypoof.

I added your responsive admin theme to a site and found an incompatibility with the new on-page editing feature. In the pop-up editor, the responsive theme squashes the content a little less than halfway off to the right of the pop-up window.

Attachments

The problem has to do with the way the responsive theme floats the main content to the right of the sidebar and assigns it a fixed width based on the window size.

Since the popup editor is always one particular size - 795px - we can use a media query to target a fix that doesn't interfere with the rest of the design. Of course this does leave that one particular window size where the design goes a little haywire but that's not a real world problem in my case.

This code added to the customize.css file worked for me.

Code: Select all
/*custom style for pop-up editor*/
@media(width:795px){
html #admin-wrapper {float:none;width:98%;}
html .k_element {width:100%;}
}

Addendum: This fix does not work in Safari. I can't say why.
Thanks for the report tim. The last version of Couch I fully tested this theme against is 1.3.5. Some of the newer features such as datetime and securefile regions, as well as inline editing in pop-ups have not been accounted for.

The CSS I wrote for this is not very maintainable. I'm thinking it would be best to drop support for this theme and just focus on 1.4.5.
45 posts Page 5 of 5