Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
As I understand it, Couch currently includes version 3.54 of CKEditor. Will newer versions of CKEditor be included in future Couch releases? If I were to replace Couch's CKEditor with the latest version, should I expect to encounter any problems?
You are right - Couch ships with CKEditor version 3.5.4.
3.5.4 was the final version in 3.5 series and then development moved on to 3.6.
It was reported that some very major changes (additions - not fixes, mind you) have been brought into effect with 3.6 and this made me reluctant to switch to the upgraded version for fear of breaking existing Couch functionality (CKEditor is fairly tight-coupled with Couch).

However, if you wish to try out the latter versions, I'd be glad to document the (very simple) changes made to the original CKEditor distribution to integrate it into Couch.

Do let me know. Thanks.
Seems like they released a new 3.6.x version today. :P Anyways, I'm not going to bother then if there is a chance it may break some Couch functionality. Thanks though.
I'd like to upgrade CKeditor for a couple of reasons.

1) When using Chrome 18 or 20, there is a well-documented bug that currently prevents CKFinder opening when clicking 'Browse Server'. This was fixed in CKeditor 3.6.3, but in the meantime I'm forced to use an alternative browser.

*EDIT* Not fixed in 3.6.3, but has been fixed in latest nightly build - see http://cksource.com/blog/CKFinder_2.2.2_released */END EDIT*

2) HTML5 support, introduced at version 3.6.1 is also necessary, so CKEditor no longer interferes with the HTML5 code structure.

According to the CKEditor blog, version 3.6.3 is the last maintenance release of the editor before the release of CKEditor 4 that is now in the works.

Can you please advise how we can upgrade CKEditor to latest version ?

Thanks.
Hi,

Please see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7050 for upgrading to CKEditor 3.6.3
5 posts Page 1 of 1