Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm thinking to use couch cms for a photography website but I'm not sure if this cms accomplish what I want to do.
First, this is a screenshot of the website (index) : http://1.s3.envato.com/files/14125281/screenshots/screenshot-01.jpg
and here is the interior page for each thumbnail in the index ( a image slider, title, and description).
http://2.s3.envato.com/files/14125281/screenshots/screenshot-011.jpg

I don't want to insert photos, description, title ... manually, I think for developing this is something similar with your tutorial for Aurelius portfolio.
But here comes the hardest part for me:
I want to let users put their own images title, description... but to be not visible on the homepage(index) until admin accept it .
I hope you get my point.
Thanks, and keep up the good work!
I had a look at the two screenshots and, as far as creating such functionality is concerned, I think it should be quite straightforward to implement in Couch.

The user part of it however is, I am afraid, something that is (as yet) beyond the ken of Couch.
Granting granular permissions to users who can login into the admin-panel is not possible in Couch as it stands as of now.
Ok, but how about to just make adding thumbnails and thumbnail pages work from Admin panel ?
Thanks!
but how about to just make adding thumbnails and thumbnail pages work from Admin panel ?

Er..extremely sorry but I couldn't understand that completely. Could you please elaborate that a bit more?
I mean, if I want add a new image(thumbnail) on index to add it from the cms not manually, also the interior page for thumbnail.
Something like the portfolio page from the Aurelius template.
dynamyc, you could create this quite easily with couch. One possible way of going about this would be to make a clonable portfolio.php file with a few editable regions. A main image, a thumbnail for the index, a description field, a client field, and a type field(or make use of dynamic folders to categorize pages). You could use the built-in title field for the project's title. You could then create an index.php file and use the pages tag and masterpage parameter to pull page information from the portfolio template. This would be completely automated once setup, no manual coding for additional content. Additionally, if you intended on granting a limited number of trusted users the ability to add content, you could instruct them to save pages as unpublished. That way you could review the content before declaring it published and appearing on the index.
@dynamyc - I'd approach the problem exactly as cheesypoof described.
What confused me was the fact that you mentioned Aurelius's portfolio tutorial and that follows the same approach. I thought you were already familiar with the steps and had something new in mind that I could not understand :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1