Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
:D Hi there,

I've been testing the software for a couple days now, and I love it. I've been looking around though, and I haven't been able to figure out how to change where the uploaded images go. Even after changing the .config to have it be in the root, it still creates the 'image' folder, but I'd like to be able to change that default to something like 'images', where I normally store my images.

Is such a thing possible?

If this has been addressed, sorry! I looked throughout the forum but didn't see an answer.

Thanks!
Hi and welcome to our forums :)

By default the folder used by Couch to store uploads is
couch
- uploads

Within this folder there are sub-folders for each different kind of uploads
couch
- uploads
- - file
- - flash
- - media

The default top folder can be changed by using the following setting in config.php
// 12.
// Upload folder if not using the default upload folder within 'couch'.
// Should be relative to your site (don't forget to set write permissions on it).
// No leading or trailing slashes please.
define( 'K_UPLOAD_DIR', 'myuploads' )

However, Couch will still create the subfolders with the original names within the new location.

I am afraid but there is no straightforward way, currently, to give custom name to the subfolders or place them directly below the site's root.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I thought that this was probably the answer, but I wanted to make sure before moving ahead. I'll just plan to utilize the default folder in my future projects.

Thanks!
3 posts Page 1 of 1