Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Hello Divian. Welcome to our forums :)

Thank you very much for putting in your thoughts.
I agree, Couch still requires quite a few features. In due time we'll get those in but I assure you - the founding philosophy of keeping things simple enough for non-coders will always be foremost in our minds.
Forsake the simplicity and Couch is just another of those innumerable CMSes out there - we're not likely to forget this.
First of all i'd like to say that i love CouchCMS like most of the users.
You made an awesome job on coding it so nice and decent.
After a few tests on my own server i was going to buy the pro-license but for now the ioncube loader making it difficult to use it on some client webspaces.
Are there plans to remove it in the near future?
Hi and welcome to our forums, rawsta :)
I am glad you liked Couch.

Replying to your query -

Yes, indeed. The release version of Couch 1.3.5 (currently available as RC) won't be encoded and hence will no longer require ionCube.

With the dependency on ionCube done away, the rest of Couch's requirements should be frugal enough to work on just about any host.

So, just a few more days now before we go open source (not GPL but commercial open-source much like ExpressionEngine) :)
hooorayyyyy :D
fantastic that ioncube will be dropped! :D :D

i also had problems with it on a clients hosting service. also almost every page was encoded. i didn't understand why that had to be, but —hey, ioncube is out the door and that's a good thing for couch.

i think couch will start to see more conversions.

@kk, i think maybe you need to publicize this information a little more. maybe post it under announcements or someplace like that.
KK wrote: Hi and welcome to our forums, rawsta :)
I am glad you liked Couch.

Replying to your query -

Yes, indeed. The release version of Couch 1.3.5 (currently available as RC) won't be encoded and hence will no longer require ionCube.

With the dependency on ionCube done away, the rest of Couch's requirements should be frugal enough to work on just about any host.

So, just a few more days now before we go open source (not GPL but commercial open-source much like ExpressionEngine) :)

hmmm, i downloaded couchcms-1.3.5-RC1.zip and it is still encoded. what's when will you guys truly drop the encoding?
i downloaded couchcms-1.3.5-RC1.zip and it is still encoded

The version you downloaded is not the release version. It is a release candidate (RC) that is downloadable only from the forums as opposed to the official release version that is available from the main products page (which, incidentally is v1.3.0).

I think you misunderstood what I said in my post :) To rephrase, the RC you downloaded will get the encryption removed once it is promoted to become the official release version.

As to when it'll happen - I think it should be before the 15th of this month.
@kk, thanx for the clarification. i'll looking forward to the release!
Cant wait for the latest release without the Ioncube encoding, because right now I have issue installing it in my server.
Couch is now open-source :)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7509
20 posts Page 2 of 2