Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear Couch.

I've asked for feedback from our readers as part of what they want and been asked more than once about having a section that allows them to register with us, and make a post. I know this question has been asked and i was wondering what could happen with this?

my members/readers want to ask questions about products, so to make a new blog post allowing comments as feedback.

Of course sections where ''members'' can post will be limited. Thanks for you're time.
Hi Simon,

As you know, allowing users to self-register is one of our planned features.

Even with this feature implemented, however, we do not plan to allow the users to login directly into the admin backend (will always remain restricted to admins only).

For what you desire, we have planned to allow (registered) users to create/update pages they have privileges for right from the website front end.
There will be Couch tags that coupled with the existing form functionality will make this happen.
This way you'll be able to create your own member's area (a sort of a customized but limited backend as a part of your website).

Pretty powerful stuff but there is still some time before we reach there.
You can also think about using software like phpBB: create a forum. It might be some work, but if done well, you can do cool stuff with it.
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
Webdesign, webdevelopment, webapplications, hosting, advice and more.
3 posts Page 1 of 1