Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I was wondering if anyone has had any bugs show up after updating to ie9, for some reason my video page isnt working correctly in ie9 and trying to track down the problem, informed ie9 web development help forums just waiting to get a response.
I finally got a answer from microsoft. here it is.

Have you tried Compatibility View for that site? Uncheck "Display all sites in Compatibility View" if you have that setting checked.... IT works fine for me without Compatibility settings and uses the IE9 Default rendering.

Also it is using scripting and scripted Appelets... Tools>Internet OPtions, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

so if anyone has any problems with ie9 when they update to to test on. try this it worked for my site my video is back and all is good (on the site atleast).

I dont understand why MS doesn't design the browser to automatically do this, now i will have to find out if i have to have a custom header on my website for ie9. anyway hope it helps someone if they run into there website not working right.
I think you need to pin-point what part of your code is not working properly and then rectify it to make it work with the default settings of IE9.

Setting the compatibility view might be working but really cannot expect all your visitors to change their settings to get the site working on their browsers.
Just my two cents..
i should of been clearer in my reply, for some reason when i installed ie9 the compatibility settings were set to ie7, dont know why, in ie9 they dont place the compatibility settings in a easy place to see them, when i found them(f12 on the key board hide in the developer tools) i noticed that it was set to ie7 instead of ie9. so once i set it to ie9 everything worked. I dont know why it was set to ie7 after upgrading, maybe a bug somewhere. anyway with the compatibility settings at default ie9 now it works fine. so if anyone is having problems check the compatibility settings to make sure it is set at ie9. sorry i wasnt clearer in the first place.
4 posts Page 1 of 1