Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
First, congratulations! Couch CMS is extremely easy to install and adapt in a existing layout. I have nothing to say in this topic, its perfect!

But I have some points to discuse after use Couch for some days:

1) Theres a problem when the "title" is too big. The line in the table dont break and it ruins the layout (attached image)

2) Some people with poor knowledge about internet/computing dont understand the "Default page" that appears in the backend when you install couch (the line in italic). And they dont understand why thats not possible to delete it. Maybe you guys need to find a solution to remove this element by default.

3) The file uploader could have more options, like delete or rename a file.

4) I think the "Folder" option is too important to appear in the Advanced options tab. Sometimes the user just save the page and dont understand why it dont appear in the website (he forgot to choose the folder).

If I think in other points I post here. Hope this helps =)
*Sorry for my english

Attachments

Thank you very much for the kind words and for taking the time to post in your experiences.

1) Theres a problem when the "title" is too big. The line in the table dont break and it ruins the layout

We'll get that fixed right away. Good catch.

2) Some people with poor knowledge about internet/computing dont understand the "Default page" that appears in the backend when you install couch (the line in italic). And they dont understand why thats not possible to delete it. Maybe you guys need to find a solution to remove this element by default.

Hmmm.. not really possible to remove the default page as that is a core element but you are right - the text used is perhaps too long for comfort.

3) The file uploader could have more options, like delete or rename a file.

Totally agreed. And maybe also show the thumbnails of images? We'll try and get that in the next major version (not the one scheduled for release in the next few days)

4) I think the "Folder" option is too important to appear in the Advanced options tab. Sometimes the user just save the page and dont understand why it dont appear in the website (he forgot to choose the folder).

True. This deserves some attention.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions. Do keep them coming.
Freitas, muito legal suas considerações, eu acabei de conhecer o CouchCMS e achei fantastico a simplicidade de "dinamizar" um site com ele.

Detalhe, notei que no rodapé do teu print não consta a msg CouchCMS Version 1.0.1 - Evaluation Copy (35 Days remaining) como consta no meu, porque será? Após esse periodo meu CMS expira e para de funcionar? :(

Fico grato se puder esclarecer minhas dúvidas.
3 posts Page 1 of 1