Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Next question: will we have translated cms-gui in the future?
Maybe you should deliver a external (en) language file, so users/community could do/help with the translation? Because of ionCube encoding it's not possible, to do this ourselves.
Also that's an important point, when going on with commercial licences.
Europe is a big market...

regards Manfred
Hi Manfred

Yes You will have translated CMS-GUI in the future.

We will start issuing commercial licenses in the first week of January 2011.

Thanks
Regards
ARK
I will definately love to see this realized, translation to my spoken language is vital to any forthcoming customers and remaining customers alike.

Even just a "translation file" based off of the real English that is in use will be of help, so you can make a copy, rename it to 'lang_file.php' and then choose to load this instead of the original one.

But of course, a "GUI" for translating the CMS would definately speed up help from every edge of the world, as it's less "spooky" for the average, but perhaps yet well-speaking people out there!
gSvoren Design - http://gsvoren.net
Hi gSvoren,

The first release version of Couch is slated to be out in the next couple of days and it has an external language file that can be modified by anyone to suit his locale.
Out of the box, it will have French and German language support for the interface.
That's excellent, and will do plenty enough for me.

Regarding the GUI I'm (as said above) thinking more of the less-than-average interested whom might not like to open any php files etc. :)

Glad to hear such progress, I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site!
gSvoren Design - http://gsvoren.net
KK wrote: The first release version of Couch is slated to be out in the next couple of days and it has an external language file that can be modified by anyone to suit his locale.
Out of the box, it will have French and German language support for the interface.

Very good news. Will it then be possible to update my local installation on xampp, to test this until the remaining days?

regards Manfred
Very good news. Will it then be possible to update my local installation on xampp, to test this until the remaining days?

Yes, certainly.
In conjunction with the gui localization --> maybe you could provide the specific lang files for CKEditor too?
In this case de and fr. So the users don't have to search/download the files.
Then you also should give them a info, where to do the config of CKEditor language.
Path:
\couch\includes\ckeditor\config.js

Code: Select all
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
    config.language = 'en'; /* here set 'en', 'de', 'fr' or whatever needed */

regards Manfred
Hi Manfred,

We are planning to proceed just the way you had suggested in an earlier post of yours.

The lang pack of CKEditor will add a hefty 1MB to the download, so we'll ship with only FR and DE but will place rest of the languages on our site and add a note in the installation instructions where to get the files from and how to add them to Couch.

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions. Keep them coming.
9 posts Page 1 of 1