Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Community,

For the most part this is directed at CouchCMS staff but I'm interested in any other opinions and solutions also.

Anyway, on to the issue, I have been assuming this site uses CouchCMS :?: whether I am right or wrong really doesn't matter but there are several features of this site that I like, one being the forum. I'm guessing this forum is phpBB3 and curious if it is possible to integrate a forum. If its not integrated I would love any tips regarding adding a forum to a CouchCMS site.

I have several projects that will require a support forum, figuring out how I can accomplish this is a major concern of mine at this point. I just need to know what I'm working with and what is and isn't currently possible.

Thanks,
Doc
I'm not sure, but you might be able to use your (user database from CouchCMS) and 'attach' the data to a forum software such as phpBB.

http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/users.html

as CouchCMS already has a 'basic' authentication system, but like the documentation states, we can expect major changes to this system. So it wouldn't be ideal to use it now I guess.
Hi Doc,

Our site indeed is built over the same version of Couch that is available for download.

Couch, as of now, is not suitable for building forums due to, as newuser rightly pointed out, the lack of a more sophisticated users and permissions system. This should change in the coming versions but currently we are using phpBB as the forum software which has its own authentication system separate from that of Couch.

It is not on our roadmap, but if there is enough demand for it we could consider making something to integrate Couch with PhpBB for single sign-on.
Doc wrote: Hello Community,

For the most part this is directed at CouchCMS staff but I'm interested in any other opinions and solutions also.

Anyway, on to the issue, I have been assuming this site uses CouchCMS :?: whether I am right or wrong really doesn't matter but there are several features of this site that I like, one being the forum. I'm guessing this forum is phpBB3 and curious if it is possible to integrate a forum. If its not integrated I would love any tips regarding adding a forum to a CouchCMS site.

I have several projects that will require a support forum, figuring out how I can accomplish this is a major concern of mine at this point. I just need to know what I'm working with and what is and isn't currently possible.

Thanks,
Doc

i'll help you out here and im sure the Couch team can back me up or correct me.
Currently the forums system used on here is called PHPBB. its a forums, rather than a CMS.

Content Manage systems are for use to edit items and do things within the website, unless its an advanced item like joulma, which in my eyes is just a forums.

You can install a forums if you wish to support the needs, it'll need a database and a website here http://www.phpbb.com/ will give you everything you need for a forums and a big one for design ect.

Hope this helps you somewhat. I sugest you look into phpbb because they are a good forums.
4 posts Page 1 of 1