Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I recently had this conversation over email with Mr. Oliver Haroun who inquired about accessing Couch's admin panel from his iPad.
I thought this could help others hence I am posting it in here (with Mr. Haroun's permission of course) -

Oliver Haroun to CouchCMS support >>

Hey guys. Any idea why the editors in the back end do not load on an iPad?

Sent from my iPhone

CouchCMS support to Oliver Haroun >>

That is a known problem with iPad/iPhone not playing fair with CKEditor.
The folks at CKEditor are waiting for Apple to ship with a browser that handles the wysiwg editor correctly (something to do with full support of JavaScript, I think - TinyMCE is also known to not work properly).

Gotcha!
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

I just wanted to let you know you can view the backend on iPhone/iPad with atomic web browser. Set headers to firefox3 and works perfect .

Sent from my iPhone

So the bottom line is that, although the default Safari browser won't show CKEditor (wysiwyg editor used by Couch's backend) properly, the Atomic web browser reportedly works fine.
Would you consider detecting iOS devices, and loading a textarea - maybe allowing Markdown?
Hi Jak,

This would be a useful feature but is not currently on our immediate roadmap.
Will keep this on our wish list though.

Thanks for posting.
just came looking for this solution asking if there was a way around it. Glad I searched!
Atomic is confirmed as working for me. Was able to post and edit everything with no problem, just select what browser you want it to be recognized in the settings tab.
5 posts Page 1 of 1