Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey!

What would be the smartest way to give the backend user the possibility to create multiple tags (let's say for a big list of Portfolio Projects) and then on each individual Portfolio project page template let them use those same created tags?

What I did was, on a template called "Portfolio Configs" I created a repeatable field called 'projects_categories' with:
- portfolio_text (ex: Digital Design + Animation and Illustration)
- portfolio_tag (ex: digitaldesign + animationandillustration)

So what would be ideal would be - on another (clonable) page called "Portfolio Projects" having some kind of selectable list of all those 'portfolio_text' items, so that the user can select multiple tags and them on the front-end I can use both portfolio_text and portfolio_tag.

Is this possible? Hope i'm making sense and not being confusing :)

Thanks!
Most adequate would be using the latest version of CouchCMS with "auto-created related pages" feature. I followed the tutorial in the forum posting and it worked quite satisfactorily.

If stuck with older versions, then I'd go with just a repeatable region (to alleviate search, filter region's content - which is keywords manually entered - may be saved in a hidden text field).
@francisknightley, as @trendoman mentioned, using relations would be the preferred way.
More details - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8952#p18166
3 posts Page 1 of 1