Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am in the middle of doing a new website and the clients current site is using Wix and the new one has couchcms integrated. On their current Wix site, there are loads of blog posts and would the client ages to add each one again, is there a way to import them, I remember asking similar question a long time ago about similar topic but importing Wordpress blogs to couchcms but was not needed in the end as the client was not interested in going ahead but will be needed for this new site I am doing.

Think @trendoman mentioned he could help on my other post when it was wordpress to couchcms, wonder if he could help again or have a idea that could work
I just came across this post. I don't know if it is done or not. but for the sake of community usage I am posting a possible solution.

If you are using a wix based website and wanting to port to CouchCMS then this should help:
1. Use the Wix Content Manager from Wix Editor or Editor X.
2.Go to Collections.
3. Select the collection that you want to export.
4. Click More Actions and select Export to CSV.
5. Select what you want to export from the Collection.
6. Finally Click Export.
7. Once the export is completed, you can download the CSV file.
For more detailed explanation you can visit this article.

Now, with the CSV available, you can create a CSV Importer mapping the CouchCMS editables with the Wix Exported CSV as per your requirement. The CSV importer with its tuutorial can be found here.

After creating the Importer one can import the CSV and it's Done!

Hope this helps!

Regards,
GXCPL (CTR)
where innovation meets technology
2 posts Page 1 of 1