Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi, In view of viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13473 my recent post I prepared a mod pack of a stock CouchCMS theme that can be used for free on your personal website!

(While I am figuring out how to attach 4mb zip file to forum - hopefully @KK helps here - let me show you new stuff from this theme. Or just ask in PM or email tony.smirnov@gmail.com for zip) - update: now removed a few gifs from documentation, and posted them below. Archive can be finally attached as it became lower than allowed 2Mb. Still you need to ask in PM or email for a password for the zip.

couch-theme-ryazania-free.zip
password-protected, pm for it
(994.83 KiB) Downloaded 424 times

A "Ryazania" theme

Disclaimer: *free means free for you on your hobby website. If you make websites for others, then it's $99 (today), then $39 (today) per each subsequent domain. Full version costs $399 (today), as it is way-way more packed and also 3 months reasonable help with one client domain is offered included (an addon for a new payment gateway could be done here, or other 'heavy' PHP stuff). Price is subject to change.

Our goal is better QoL experience; a thorough compilation and collection of mods, tweaks, addons and other helpers to make development faster. If we need something we write it. 8-) In Ryazania-free there are close to 50 improvements and powerful features for coding. By the way, Ryazania will also work on old versions of Couch, so you can try it without updating Couch or changing any existing file (apart from setting theme in config.php).

Some tweaks are integrated within theme snippets and can not be disabled easily. Many more tweaks can be enabled or disabled quickly by desire. Theme is not about design choices, but more about mods. A lot more can be said, but let's view.

Advanced settings now have a button to delete page.

delete-btn-advanced.gif
delete-btn-advanced.gif (904.82 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

delete-btn-small.png
delete-btn-small.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

page-delete-btn.png
page-delete-btn.png (11.17 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

It asks for confirmation, then shows a notification upon success!

page-delete-confirm.png
page-delete-confirm.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

page-delete-success.png
page-delete-success.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

And notification for deleted pages (with count) is available for all pages across the system:

delete-flash-count.gif
delete-flash-count.gif (945.71 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

Speaking of Advanced settings, there are now toastr notifications about 'Publish'-'Unpublish'
unpublished-revert-toastr.png
unpublished-revert-toastr.png (4.05 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

unpublished-toastr.png
unpublished-toastr.png (4.14 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

And unpublished status appears in the tab.
unpublished-in-tab.png
unpublished-in-tab.png (1.95 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

I'll continue posting gifs and pics. Stay tuned :)
Theme has its famous feature packed for galleries - can't avoid to mention it again :)

demo-drag-drop.gif
demo-drag-drop.gif (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3631 times

Also a recently published alert for Clones (addon copy-to-new) is included

alert.gif
alert.gif (57.29 KiB) Viewed 3631 times

copy-to-new-alert.png
copy-to-new-alert.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
On long pages I always dreamed of getting back to where I clicked 'Save' to review the most-bottom values of page. Had it done :)

scroll-on-bottom-save.gif
smooth scroll on bottom save
scroll-on-bottom-save.gif (418.68 KiB) Viewed 3631 times

And the 'Save', 'View' buttons now appear both on top and in the bottom of page. Much less movement to save page!

save-top-right.png
save-top-right.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 3631 times

save-view-bottom.png
save-view-bottom.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 3631 times

Now here is something for us, developers-superadmins. Whenever we need to 'register' a new field or make amendments to design of our admin-panel, there is a mandatory visit of the page as super-admin. A tweak in Ryazania now makes that visit for you in background :) Just reload page and the changes appear!
Tweak also tells you in a notification if there is any errors 8-)

toastr-error.png
toastr-error.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 3631 times

One more thing is that another tweak (let me quote) Hides default pages from list-view automatically in all templates.
Ryazania theme (even if it is free) is created very professionally. Everything just works. Out of the box.

Every tweak has thorough documentation in 2 languages. Code is tested and its quality is as close to how @KK writes code as possible. There is no question in that it can be used as is immediately.

Our great 'system' of making tweaks enabled-disabled by simply moving folders lets you play with the theme and have it work for you in a very customized fashion. Once tried it, you will never go back to stock experience, believe me. Can't wait to have it uploaded to forum for your feedbacks :)

I will shortly continue to post about what Ryazania contains even deeper.
Now a bit about less graphical stuff.

New variable: k__snippets_link shows URL to registered /snippets/ folder and follows system config setting if set there.

New variable: k__snippets_path shows path to registered /snippets/ folder and also follows system config setting.

These help immensely with writing and reading from snippets folders. It's often used in JS scripts to load something from snippets and since this is our theme, portable theme, independent from fixed paths and all like that, we have a better choice to use the variables.
Very useful features indeed @trendoman
thank you, @kk :)

There are totally 7+ variables a packed with the theme and can be enabled:

vars-in-theme.png
vars-in-theme.png (19.24 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

Theme has 5 essential functions, one of which is a very new called 'create-template-snippets'.

funcs-in-theme.png
funcs-in-theme.png (30.86 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

What that function does is it creates snippets in snippets dir for Super-admin. Example files that are created for instance for index.php masterpage:

created-folders-files.png
files are created by 'create-template-snippets' func
created-folders-files.png (20.69 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

Having them embedded in <cms:template> block helps organizing code neatly (of course using one of automatic variables)

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Masterpage' clonable='1'
    nested_pages='0'
    dynamic_folders='0'
    icon='clipboard'
    parent='__collections__'
    routable='0'
    order='010'>
    <cms:embed "<cms:concat k__template_name_dashes '/' k__template_name_dashes_nophp '.fields' />"/>
    <cms:embed "<cms:concat k__template_name_dashes '/' k__template_name_dashes_nophp '.globals' />"/>
    <cms:embed "<cms:concat k__template_name_dashes '/' k__template_name_dashes_nophp '_form_config.inc' />"/>
    <cms:embed "<cms:concat k__template_name_dashes '/' k__template_name_dashes_nophp '_list_config.inc' />"/>
</cms:template><cms:call 'create-template-snippets' />
<cms:call 'load-template-view' />

Other files represent Couch Views that are loaded automatically by the function 'load-template-view'.

Funcs are ready to be used in code thanks to addon in theme that loads when a func is called upon. Ryazania is designed to work out of the box :)

addons.png
addons.png (9.38 KiB) Viewed 3618 times

There are over 50 addons to Couch, they are *not* in Ryazania yet. Some are very very important, for instance addon that splits cache into desktop / mobile cached pages; so those very important addons (10+) will be available in full version over time (because we always support our customers).
All available / enabled tweaks are visible in this screenshot. These can be enabled-disabled quickly as others, just by moving folders. (there are more tweaks that are ingrained in the theme, as I mentioned previously).

tweaks-in-theme.png
tweaks-in-theme.png (50.9 KiB) Viewed 3618 times

In regards to regular (new and modded) tags, theme has a few absolutely necessary tags for every coder:

tags-in-theme.png
tags-in-theme.png (14.13 KiB) Viewed 3618 times

One of which is a blast (and has an updated extensive documentation with a ton of useful examples)

swap-tag.png
swap-tag.png (8.66 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Lastly a few more words about deeper theme modifications that are available in Ryazania free.

Added a **Delete All** button to remove all missing/deleted fields at once, instead of clicking each missing field's alert one-by-one.

delete-all.png
delete-all.png (7.24 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

-

Various CSS tweaks for core fields and tables (styles.css)

-

Can close "Related to:" banner and return to orig page from viewing related one.

-

Add a button "View" to Advanced GUI selector. Button opens single-related page in admin panel.

Manage button (a new addition from latest Couch build for relation-type field) is enabled by default where appropriate, even for those that did not update CouchCMS. In the first post I mention that Ryazania works for older versions of Couch, so this new button really does not depend on new code.

-

And a few smaller tweaks that are worth to mention only to display how everything in Ryazania is well documented, with indication of which theme snippet has been tweaked:

changes-documented.png
changes-documented.png (19.1 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

Now this consists of more-or-less complete description of Ryazania. Out of the box you can have an improved CouchCMS theme, develop more comfortably and much quicker with auto-generated and auto-loaded snippets, enable-disable features as you like.

I will assist to incorporate designs of your firm into the theme (or theme into designs) to make a very special theme for your agency, that will include everything you've been using so far neatly organized. This work will immensely improve developing times in-house and boost customer experience higher.

I think I could integrate some addons like character counter to be working for every textarea field out of the box. Also one of my long-standing goal is to update markdown editable field into the CouchCMS. The work on Ryazania free will continue in future, maybe we add a few more essentials to it. Let us know what have been useful so far.
Ryazania has a goal to be copy-able to another site without glueing to old site. Some overridden theme snippets thus are best kept out /ryazania/ folder especially as they are written for old site. Let them be somewhere closer to old site e.g. in /mysnippets/, example: /mysnippets/masterpage-php/_theme/content_form__masterpage-php.html

Now Ryazania theme will have a new tweak that enables automatic customizable custom location of theme snippets to keep theme folder in pristine condition. Path is easy to customize e.g.

Code: Select all
$template_path = K_SITE_DIR . K_SNIPPETS_DIR . "/$tpl_name_dashes/_theme/";
15 posts Page 1 of 2