Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have got the gallery working for the individual artist pages using the reverse relation method and it's working perfect, just got one quick question. Each image will have a few words or caption and have found the only way to add the few words or caption is editing each image after they have uploaded.

Is there any quicker way to do it, possibly adding a caption per upload or because it's a gallery and are bulk uploaded, is that the only way to do and edit each image after upload to add the caption?
ianhaney50 wrote: I have got the gallery working for the individual artist pages using the reverse relation method and it's working perfect, just got one quick question. Each image will have a few words or caption and have found the only way to add the few words or caption is editing each image after they have uploaded.

Is there any quicker way to do it, possibly adding a caption per upload or because it's a gallery and are bulk uploaded, is that the only way to do and edit each image after upload to add the caption?

Yes. The only way in stock Couch is to open the cloned page for editing and save. ;)

Custom admin theme-ing allows you to customize the gallery view to, for example, include an extra button on a `card` that invokes a quick modal popup to let admin fill-in a few fields quicker. An experience is required to interact with backend to save the inputs, but it is doable (remember the gallery drag&drop reordering solution published here in forum, it has code to save position to database via sending it to backend with PHP). If you want that kind of customization done for you, ask KK, I am sure he'll be of great (paid) help; this is a good addition to your admin experience. :)
trendoman wrote:
ianhaney50 wrote: I have got the gallery working for the individual artist pages using the reverse relation method and it's working perfect, just got one quick question. Each image will have a few words or caption and have found the only way to add the few words or caption is editing each image after they have uploaded.

Yes. The only way in stock Couch is to open the cloned page for editing and save. ;)

Custom admin theme-ing allows you to customize the gallery view to, for example, include an extra button on a `card` that invokes a quick modal popup to let admin fill-in a few fields quicker. An experience is required to interact with backend to save the inputs, but it is doable (remember the gallery drag&drop reordering solution published here in forum, it has code to save position to database via sending it to backend with PHP). If you want that kind of customization done for you, ask KK, I am sure he'll be of great (paid) help; this is a good addition to your admin experience. :)

Thank you for the reply, it went bit over my head and didn't understand it properly.

At the moment, I create the artist page by clicking add new then fill the info in and then save it, then I edit the artist and click on view images under gallery heading as the gallery is linked to the artist by using relation or reverse relation if I remember and then I click upload and it opens the popup to select the images and they are uploaded in bulk when I click start upload.

It seems like it might be quite complicated or not possible to add a caption box for each image uploaded during upload process instead of clicking edit on each uploaded image in the gallery after the images have been uploaded to add the caption text in and then save the image.

Was just thinking if the client uploads loads of images, he would need to edit each image to write the caption in and then save, was just trying to see if there was a quicker way for him.
3 posts Page 1 of 1