Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm creating that artist site I mentioned previously in a previous post and started to integrate couchcms into it and just thought of a issue. On each artist page which is cloneable, I need unique heading and text which will be the artist name as the heading and text about the artist but I'm unsure how to make it unique for each artist page.

I put the artist name and artist text fields into globals.php but then thought, it will be the same text on each page which is no good. Is there a way to make each text unique for each artist?

For example I create a artist called Artist One then I can upload a image of that artist and then write some text relating to that artist then I create Artist Two and again upload a image of that artist and then write some text relating to that artist.

Then at the very bottom of each artist page, is the gallery of their work which would be done using the reverse relation type (think I have done this part although not fully tested yet) as need to find a way of having unique image and text related to each artist
Admin may enter something into a text editable, but there is no guarantee the entered content is unique among all cloned pages, unless there is a custom validator that prevents saving the cloned page with content matching same field in some other cloned page.
Think I just managed to do it, I added the editable regions to the clonable page called artists.php and was able upload unique images and unique text to each cloned page and it's appearing different on each artist page so think I have managed it
ianhaney50 wrote: Think I just managed to do it, I added the editable regions to the clonable page called artists.php and was able upload unique images and unique text to each cloned page and it's appearing different on each artist page so think I have managed it

Adding a field for a page content is the most basic feature of CouchCMS (actually, any cms) :mrgreen:
I actually devised you wanted to stress uniqueness. :)
trendoman wrote:
ianhaney50 wrote: Think I just managed to do it, I added the editable regions to the clonable page called artists.php and was able upload unique images and unique text to each cloned page and it's appearing different on each artist page so think I have managed it

Adding a field for a page content is the most basic feature of CouchCMS (actually, any cms) :mrgreen:
I actually devised you wanted to stress uniqueness. :)

Sorry was my rubbish explanation. I wanted each artist page to have it's own image and text related to the artist which I think I have managed to do
5 posts Page 1 of 1