Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I should start a project, where in a page I have to populate a table, via DataTables | Table plugin for jQuery.
But since I think the table contains around 300/400 rows, I asked myself the problem of how to identify, perhaps, a row to modify and then avoid the page in the administration panel being excessively long.
Is it possible to create a search field in the administration panel and also record pagination? :roll:

Thank you
Hello,

I asked myself the problem of how to identify, perhaps, a row to modify and then avoid the page in the administration panel being excessively long.

In the admin panel you will not be shown 300/400 rows, if that is what you are feeling. in the couch admin panel, the tables have 15 rows for 15 entries by default. You can identify an entry by the title that you are displaying in the Data Table.

Is it possible to create a search field in the administration panel and also record pagination?

Yes. You can add a search field in the couch admin panel. All you have to do is in the <cms:template>...</cms:template> define a config list view as:
Code: Select all
<cms:template title="" clonable="1">
    <!-- Editable regions -->
    <cms:config_list_view  searchable='1' />
</cms:template>

This will add a search field in the couch admin panel as supported internally by couch.

To know more about this you can read viewtopic.php?t=10241 topic. Specifically you query would be answered under the title "Manually reorder normal cloned pages" in point "3. searchable". Pagination takes place by default in the couch admin panel, after every 15 rows.

Please post back if you run into any issue.

Regards,
GXCPL

Note: Please check your PM.
where innovation meets technology
You can add rows in the page (I assumed a page in frontend) so that rows become cloned pages in AdminPanel, thus editing of a single row becomes editing of a cloned page. On top of that, you may like to have DataTable in Admin panel too, so that filtering and pagination is provided by the DT plugin - basically you will see a DT in the admin list-view. The trick it to set the limit in template's configuration big enough, say 1000, to output listing of all cloned pages in HTML and let DT plugin convert it to datatable. I have done so and very much liked the result.

ramses2th wrote: Hi everyone,
I should start a project, where in a page I have to populate a table, via DataTables | Table plugin for jQuery.
But since I think the table contains around 300/400 rows, I asked myself the problem of how to identify, perhaps, a row to modify and then avoid the page in the administration panel being excessively long.
Is it possible to create a search field in the administration panel and also record pagination? :roll:

Thank you
HI, Genxcoder, Hi, Trendoman

Thanks for answering me quickly.
I didn't quite understand your suggestion or I explained myself badly.

Reference is made to cloned pages, but I don't have any cloned pages (or maybe it's a method of inserting into the datatable?).
I have this table in the front end (figure 1)

Figura_1_Front-end.jpeg
Figura1 Front End
Figura_1_Front-end.jpeg (113.87 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

and in the administrative panel I configured repeatable zones, giving rise to figure 2.

Figura_2_Admin_panel.jpeg
Figura 1 Admin Panel
Figura_2_Admin_panel.jpeg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

The problem is precisely that I won't have a pagination, much less a way to search for the single product to modify.

Trendoman probably figured out what I should do. Do you have an example to show me?

I think I got it all wrong.
4 posts Page 1 of 1