Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi to all

What a wonderfull project! Congrats to creators

I've been working this year in the frontend side with no-code solutions like Mavo.io/ that let you create a full app without knowing javascript (Just using html and css),
and ... was looking for a backend solution which is sometimes missing to Mavo

Discovering CouchCMS (PHP bakcend without knowing PHP), wow!

As part of both best worlds, I would like to make Mavo and CouchCMS communicate:

I see CouchCMS is able to generate JSON,
but how about POST/PUT a JSON string into CouchCMS(a let it save data)?

Is there somewhere a simple "to do list" example ?
That would

1/ downloads data (I guess from cloned templates as json)
2/ add/delete/sort with drag and drop (with dragula or sortable.js) => This can be done on front side with javascript I guess
3/ sends back data to CouchCMS, and let it save data into DB (=> This is the part I don't understand yet)

I quite see how to do 1/ & 2/
then for 3/ maybe
send with save button a POST to CouchCMS, where all JSON is passed to one variable, but from there, how can CouchCMS convert this JSON array into Database (is mosaic the solution?)

In a real world, user would expect a real time saving, each time he drag and drops the list in frontend
=> How to automate, this real time saving with CouchCMS? (Some kind of Firebase realtime)

Any idea is welcome.
Thanks for your help !
Hey Galihna,

I experimented with Drag and Drop for a Gallery-type template. It works pretty fast, check out a video here Admin tweaks → Reorderable gallery (drag & drop) :)
trendoman wrote: Hey Galihna,

I experimented with Drag and Drop for a Gallery-type template. It works pretty fast, check out a video here Admin tweaks → Reorderable gallery (drag & drop) :)

Many thanks @trendoman !

Seems to be used for backend side, but I guess it shouldn't be a problem to use it in Front side with CouchCMS?.

I used dragula.js before, but it bugs in advanced situations (e.g: drag & drop between multiple groups).
I know Lea Verou is being rewriting it, but she didn't publish her work yet

I'll give it a try anyway, or try to use sortable.js, based on your work

Have a nice day
3 posts Page 1 of 1