Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
@KK Sir,

I am working on a routable template. Now, I have an idea that the list view is the default view. But, in my use case, I need the home page (index.php) of the website to be routable as it has a form that has to perform the S-CRUD operations, where the home page has to be set to create view instead of list view.

I have set the view create view forcefully by:
Code: Select all
<cms:match_route debug='1' is_404='1' />
<cms:embed "send/create_view.html" />

But the debug='1' option outputs:
Trying route list_view:
Pattern:
Regex:
Matched!
Following variable(s) will be set:
k_matched_route = list_view

Is forcefully setting the create view correct? Will this create problem when I want to display the list view? Or is there a method to be able to make the create_view as default?

Regards,
GXCPL (Priya)
where innovation meets technology
Priya,

As you know, for custom routes we begin by creating a list of routes and their matching URL paths e.g. the two routes below -
<cms:route name='list_view' path='' />
<cms:route name='create_view' path='create' />

The 'routes' addon only serves to let you know which route from the list above matches the URL being used to visit your template. And that is it.
It is then totally up to you as what you wish to show etc. on that URL.

So, in your case, when the addon reports that 'list_view' matches the current URL, it just means that the URL looks something like http://www.yoursite.com/. If you want to show a form now, go ahead and do it - Couch in not concerned with that. If you want to show something else, you are free to do that.

I think the name 'list_view' is bothering you; it is just that normally we show a list on URL like http://www.yoursite.com/ and so conventionally we name this route 'list_view'. You could have named it 'route_59' and things would work just the same.

Does this answer your query?
@KK Sir,

Does this answer your query?

Thanks a lot sir. your reply indeed answered my query. And helped me implement my use case.

I think the name 'list_view' is bothering you

:oops: The list_view word was the confusion creator as you mentioned! Very silly of me! Thanks for understanding my issue sir!

I have another question though.

In the success condition, I want to achieve two things:
1. Redirect to the list view
2. open an app

the #2 works but the #1 doesnot. Nevertheless, the clonable page is created in the backend.

My create_view code is:
<!-- This code is placed in the php file of the routable template -->
<cms:set submit_success="<cms:get_cookie 'ctr_submit_success' />" />
<cms:delete_cookie 'ctr_submit_success' />
<cms:if submit_success >
   <div class="toast-container position-fixed top-0 start-50 translate-middle-x p-3" >
        <div class="toast align-items-center text-white border-0 toast-success bg-success" role="alert" aria-live="assertive" aria-atomic="true"  data-bs-delay="3000">
            <div class="d-flex">
                <div class="toast-body">
                    <cms:show "Success! Redirecting to WhatsApp." />
                </div>
                <button type="button" class="btn-close me-2 m-auto" data-bs-dismiss="toast" aria-label="Close"></button>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <cms:pages masterpage=k_template_name id="<cms:show submit_success />" limit='1' show_future_entries='1'>
       <cms:php>
          global $indate_encode;
          global $outdate_encode;
          global $message_encode;
          $indate_encode = urlencode("<cms:date ctr_indate format='M d, Y H:i' />");
          $outdate_encode = urlencode("<cms:date ctr_outdate format='M d, Y H:i' />");
          $message_encode = urlencode("<cms:show message_text />");
       </cms:php>
       <cms:set url_ctr_indate="<cms:php>global $indate_encode;echo $indate_encode;</cms:php>" scope="global" />
       <cms:set url_ctr_outdate="<cms:php>global $outdate_encode;echo $outdate_encode;</cms:php>" scope="global" />

<cms:redirect url="whatsapp://send/?phone=<cms:related_pages 'ctr_isd'><cms:show country_isd /></cms:related_pages><cms:show ctr_mobile />&text=Dear%20<cms:show ctr_name />%2C%0a%20Thanks%20for%20enquiring%20with%20us%20for%20the%20dates%20<cms:if ctr_indate><cms:show url_ctr_indate /></cms:if>%20to%20<cms:if ctr_outdate><cms:show url_ctr_outdate /></cms:if>.%20Our%20price%20is%20%E2%82%B9<cms:show ctr_pricequoted />%20%28excluding%20GST%29.%0A%20Additional%20message" />

</cms:pages>
</cms:if>
<!-- This code is placed in the php file of the routable template -->

<!-- Form -->
<cms:form
    masterpage=k_template_name
    mode='create'
    enctype='multipart/form-data'
    method='post'
    anchor='0'
>
    <cms:if k_success >
       <cms:set my_data='[]' is_json='1' />
        <cms:capture into='my_data.' is_json='1' scope='parent'>
         {
            "message_text" : <cms:escape_json><cms:show frm_message_text2 /></cms:escape_json>
         }
      </cms:capture >
       <cms:php>
          global $php_ctr_name;
         $php_ctr_name = urlencode("<cms:show frm_ctr_name />");
       </cms:php>
       <cms:db_persist_form
            _invalidate_cache='0'
            _auto_title='1'
            ctr_owner = "<cms:show k_user_id />"
            ctr_name = "<cms:php>global $php_ctr_name; echo $php_ctr_name;</cms:php>"
            ctr_message = my_data
            ctr_status="Pending"
        />
        <cms:if k_success>
            <cms:set_cookie name='ctr_submit_success' value='<cms:show k_last_insert_id />' />
            <cms:redirect url="<cms:route_link 'list_view' />" />

<cms:if k_error >
        <div class="toast-container position-fixed bottom-0 start-50 translate-middle-x p-3" >
           <cms:each k_error>
                <div class="toast align-items-center text-white border-0 toast-error bg-danger" role="alert" aria-live="assertive" aria-atomic="true" data-bs-delay="3000">
                    <div class="d-flex">
                        <div class="toast-body">
                            <cms:show item /><br>
                        </div>
                        <button type="button" class="btn-close me-2 m-auto" data-bs-dismiss="toast" aria-label="Close"></button>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </cms:each>
        </div>

<div class="row">
      <div class="col-12 col-md-4">
         <div class="mb-3">
            <label for="ctr_name" class="gxcpl-subtitle-2">First Name</label>
            <cms:input name="ctr_name" id="ctr_name" type="bound" class="form-control" placeholder="" />
         </div>
      </div>

<label for="ctr_mobile" class="gxcpl-subtitle-2">ISD Code and Mobile</label>
         <div class="input-group mb-3">
            <cms:hide>
            <cms:input name="ctr_isd" id="ctr_isd" type="bound" />
            </cms:hide>
            <select class="js-example-basic-single form-select" name="f_ctr_isd" id="f_ctr_isd" style="width:50%" >
               <option value="-" selected disabled>Country</option>
               <cms:pages masterpage="support-files/import-country.php" order="asc" orderby="country_name">
                  <option value="<cms:show k_page_id />" data-id="<cms:show country_isd />">
                     <span class="flag-icon <cms:show country_flag/>"></span> <cms:show country_name /> (+<cms:show country_isd />)
                  </option>
               </cms:pages>
            </select>
               <cms:input name="ctr_mobile" id="ctr_mobile" type="bound" />
            <input name="f_ctr_mobile" id="f_ctr_mobile" type="tel" class="form-control" placeholder="" />
         </div>
      </div>

<div class="col-12 col-md-4"></div>

<div class="mb-3">
            <label for="ctr_indate" class="gxcpl-subtitle-2">In Date</label>
               <cms:input name="ctr_indate" type="bound" />
            <input name="f_ctr_indate" id="f_ctr_indate" type="datetime-local" class="form-control" placeholder="" />
         </div>
      </div>

<div class="mb-3">
            <label for="ctr_outdate" class="gxcpl-subtitle-2">Out Date</label>
               <cms:input name="ctr_outdate" type="bound" />
            <input name="f_ctr_outdate" id="f_ctr_outdate" type="datetime-local" class="form-control" placeholder="" />
         </div>
      </div>

<div class="mb-3">
            <label for="ctr_pricequoted" class="gxcpl-subtitle-2">Price Quoted</label>
            <cms:input name="ctr_pricequoted" id="ctr_pricequoted" type="bound" class="form-control" placeholder="" />
         </div>
      </div>

<div class="col-12 col-md-12">
         <div class="mb-3">
            <label for="message_text2" class="form-label">Message</label>
            <cms:input name="message_text2" class="form-control" type="textarea" />
         </div>
      </div>

<div class="col-12 col-md-12 text-center">
         <button class="btn btn-primary gxcpl-button" type="submit" >
            <i class="fa fa-whatsapp fa-lg"></i> WhatsApp
         </button>
      </div>
   </div>
</cms:form>
<!-- Form -->

By what I have understood over time, the k_success block (as under):
<cms:if k_success>
            <cms:set_cookie name='ctr_submit_success' value='<cms:show k_last_insert_id />' />
            <cms:redirect url="<cms:route_link 'list_view' />" />

Would set a cookie and redirect to the list view and in the list view the cookie will be set, conditional statement will be executed. But, in my case here, I am having two processes in the conditional statement:
1. displays a toast message
2. opens a mobile app

The issue i am battling with right now is that after saving the form, the clonable page with all data is created, and the app is opened, but the form remains on the create_view only. It doesnot go to the list view. So when I return from the app I see the create view with all the data I had filled in.

Does the cms:redirect in the conditional statement make an issue? but I feel that the cms:redirect comes after the first redirection so it should not be creating the issue, i may be wrong though.

So I am confused as to why there is no redirection yet the app to be opened is opened and displayed with all the pre-filled message fields. Could you help me with this too sir.

Regards,
GXCPL (Priya)

FYI, I am doing a webview app for android which requires the app to be opened using the following link:
whatsapp://send/?phone=<cms:related_pages 'ctr_isd'><cms:show country_isd /></cms:related_pages><cms:show ctr_mobile />&text=Dear%20<cms:show ctr_name />%2C%0a%20Thanks%20for%20enquiring%20with%20us%20for%20the%20dates%20<cms:if ctr_indate><cms:show url_ctr_indate /></cms:if>%20to%20<cms:if ctr_outdate><cms:show url_ctr_outdate /></cms:if>.%20Our%20price%20is%20%E2%82%B9<cms:show ctr_pricequoted />%20%28excluding%20GST%29.%0A%20Additional%20message"

Can this be done with the cms:curl tag as mentioned here, in place of the cms:redirect tag, if at all the second cms:redirect is creating the issue of the page not redirecting to the list view.
@ALL, A little help here! Please!
4 posts Page 1 of 1