Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi couch community,

I've done this in the past but I'm having a hard time finding the solution so I ended up here.
Question is: how can I create folders inside KCFinder? I want my client to be able to organise all his uploaded images in different folders.

Thanks in advance!
F
Hi,

Right-clicking on the tree in the left sidebar of KCFinder will open a popup menu - it has the "create folder" item.

Hope this helps.
That's what I thought @KK, but that is simply not happening on my comp. I mean, it doesn't show any menu or options after a right click there.

I've rebooted everything multiple times and tried this on the latest chrome/safari versions on a new macbook pro M1 w/ macOS Monterey. KCFinder about mention a V2.51 and I'm running it on CouchCMS 2.3

Any other suggestions? Is there any update on the KCFinder I can try on couch?
Please check the devTools console to see if it reports any JS errors.
The error I get after opening KCFinder:

Deprecated Feature Used
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ .

Affected resources: 1 source: jquery.js:18
(which is located at couch/includes/kcfinder/js)

There is also another Issue:
Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
But this one appears just by opening Couchcms. It doesn't seem related to the script
Thanks for the report but I don't think those issues are behind this problem.

I wonder (fear) if it is a generic issue with the latest versions of MacOS not playing fair with KCFinder?
I am not a MacOS user so would request our other users chancing upon this thread to please test this issue and report if they happen to be on a Mac.
Ohh sh** :( That's what I though because I ran everywhere online to understand what was happening. Let's wait to see if someone can give a little help around here...
Hi! Sorry to hear :(

I can say, I use a Mac and I have never run into this issue, using multiple browsers (Brave, Firefox, Safari, and etc). I’m using a MacBook Air 2020 M1, and I’ve used a MacBook Pro 2012 before — across all recent operating systems, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey.

I wonder if it might be a browser extension or some other third party app on your system getting in the way. You might try logging into a guest account and see if that works.

I’ll chime back in if I can think of anything else…
Does anyone has any report on this??

While using ckfinder, I'm still unable to use the mouse2 options inside the panel.
That is very frustrating because I can't delete images, create new folders... Most of my clients complain of the same :-(

I'm working on IOS 12 Monterey and tried this on both Google Chrome and Safari.

Is the java being blocked for security or something? Is there anyway to update ckfinder to another version rather than 2.5 ?

Thanks in advance!
9 posts Page 1 of 1