Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
First of all thank you for CouchCMS, it is genuinely saving my ass right now. So I've created a HTML static webpage for a user profile page (including profile pic, bio, description, comment section etc), but I'd like each user to be able to edit their own page and visit others. I don't even know where to start here so if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great :)
to elaborate, I've made the page clonable and made the areas editable, however the only way to edit them is via the admin panel, so users cannot actually edit them
See https://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced- ... users.html

The learning curve is a bit steep here, but definitely manageable in foreseeable time. If you need have this done yesterday, then it is a problem :)
trendoman wrote: See https://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced- ... users.html

The learning curve is a bit steep here, but definitely manageable in foreseeable time. If you need have this done yesterday, then it is a problem :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm cutting it fine for sure but I've got a couple weeks, just doing my best :). Just to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree; I define the additional fields in the users/index.php file, add the input on users/profile.php and then I can use 'show' cms tags on my template to display the profile page?
mjlxx wrote:
trendoman wrote: See https://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced- ... users.html

Thanks for the reply. I'm cutting it fine for sure but I've got a couple weeks, just doing my best :). Just to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree; I define the additional fields in the users/index.php file, add the input on users/profile.php and then I can use 'show' cms tags on my template to display the profile page?

to follow on (again), I have done all this but when I press the 'browse' button to upload a profile picture, nothing happens. As a result I get the error message

User Type: Required field cannot be left empty
Smart Package Active: Required field cannot be left empty
Premium Package Active: Required field cannot be left empty

Sorry for the stupid questions, and thanks again for all your help.
If the fields are not available (always check by placing <cms:dump /> or <cms:dump_all />) then fetch them with <cms:pages> tag.

'Required' fields should not be left empty on any /even minor/ page edit.
trendoman wrote: If the fields are not available (always check by placing <cms:dump /> or <cms:dump_all />) then fetch them with <cms:pages> tag.

'Required' fields should not be left empty on any /even minor/ page edit.

Sorry you've lost me, you're dealing with a bit of a dumbass here. Where do I place those tags? Also any idea why the 'browse' button isn't working?
UPDATE: I fixed the earlier problem but am now getting the error message "Tag "form" - page_id required" when I go to edit profile. I think my earlier mistakes ruined everything so I think I'll just have to start over. Days of work down the drain! Thanks for your help.
8 posts Page 1 of 1