Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! How are you doing?

I'm building a page on my website which will feature something like a "attendance calendar": we have a clonable template where each student is a page. In the backend, along with his/her information, it would be great if I could put a calendar where I can tick multiple days (where each day the student attended will be ticked,) In the frond end, I can see all days that were ticked.

Is this possible with couch?
Hi :)

I think you can use any of the numerous very good JavaScript powered calendars for the frontend.
All are likely to output the ticked dates as JSON that you may then persist into a Couch editable region of type 'textarea' (with 'no_xss_check' so that it does not mangle the JSON).

Hope this helps.
Hey KK, thanks for your reply.

Yes, i'll try that, thank you. For the backend, I was able, in students.php, to generate with dynamic opt_values a list of checkboxes, with all class days, fetching from courses.php the first and lasy day of course, calculating the days difference between the dates (with a PHP code I saw here) and setting with cms:set this value as a variable. With this variable, I use cms:repeat to display each day in this interval as a checkbox.

Couch is simply amazing!
3 posts Page 1 of 1