Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I've been using CouchCMS for multiple years now. I can't seem to find anything similar with that much power and flexibility while being a light-weight CMS for designers. Such an amazing tool.

I saw that the last version (2.2) topic was created I think 2 or 3 years ago.
Is Couch on it's way out? In terms of compatibilities with future PHP releases or web technology?

I keep using that awesome CMS for all my projects, but for the good of my clients I'm wondering if I should start looking for something newer that is being updated more often.

Thank you very much!
Hi,

I agree - it has been a long time since Couch had a major release.

That notwithstanding, it is definitely maintained actively (every reported bug is fixed promptly, as can be seen from GitHub commit history) and is PHP8 ready. In a way, it is experiencing more of a "rolling release" - only a database ERD change gets a version bump.

In closing, it might interest you that a new version is slated for the new year :)
Stay tuned.
I would add, it is wiser to train new people (students, interns, freshmen) understand Couch and work with it than switch tech. If talents are not grown then Couch and all the websites it supports are both f.cked :)
Hello KK,

"a new version", it is very interesting!!
In closing, it might interest you that a new version is slated for the new year :) Stay tuned.

I am so tuned! :ugeek:
I'm so tuned too! I was looking in the meantime for other cms types because of shop systems and payment stuff, but on the other hand nothing is like my beloved easy to ues couch tags.
6 posts Page 1 of 1