Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I've used couch in a few different projects and ideas I've had in the past, and i love it's simplicity and since I'm primarily a front end guy, I can easily get my static designs to life :)

Long story long.. I recently moved to Thailand with my wife who runs a restaurant here. She is an amazing chef and her food is out of this world, what she isn't good at is marketing at technical stuff :D

It's crazy times here due to the plandemic and it's hard as it is to get customers. I'm helping her out with all the digital stuff, adding her restaurant on TripAdvisor, fb, google and all that jazz.

I'm in the process of building a website for her that can take online orders, I was initially thinking of using couch for this but I reckon it's too much work so I probably will end up using a wp+woo solution for that.

However... I would like to use some kind of simple POS system where she can take orders from people that visit. First I thought I'd be great if there's a plugin for WooCommerce that is a POS system, so we have everything in one place. But.. All the ones I found are crap to be honest, not user-friendly and doesn't work well on a mobile, soo... I was thinking, maybe I should build a POS system using couch, design a slick UI using BS5 or UIKit (my FAV!) - then run in on a local server and BOOM! :D

Am I reinventing the wheel here? What do you guys reckon, is it worth pursuing? I'm good at design, but not very good at PPH/couch.. IF its an viable idea, I'm happy to pay someone to help me with this, I don't have a big budget due to the current situation - but I understand it's the same for you . Time is valuable :)
Building POS on CouchCMS is a nice idea. Code will be easier to understand. :)
Good examples are very feature-rich and thus can not fit into a plugin, so google for a "self-hosted POS" instead. What do you think of https://erpnext.com/open-source-retail-erp-software ?
trendoman wrote: Building POS on CouchCMS is a nice idea. Code will be easier to understand. :)
Good examples are very feature-rich and thus can not fit into a plugin, so google for a "self-hosted POS" instead. What do you think of https://erpnext.com/open-source-retail-erp-software ?

Thanks for the reply Trendoman, I need to check out erpnext a bit further, thanks for the tip. At a glance it looks a bit too complex for what I'm after. Ideally I'd just have a super simple POS, ideally in couch where you add the different dishes and drinks to an order, submit the order (so it can be viewed in the kitchen) and payment (doesn't need to integrate the payment system, however that be nice).
3 posts Page 1 of 1