Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I purchased a license for my site a while ago now but hopefully I can still get some help. I have a site where there are multiple administrators but I dont know them personally and have put quite a few hours into the existing pages, so I dont want to risk losing my work. Therefore I was wondering if there was some addon or way by which I can 1. only allow admins to only create but not delete existing pages that they have created, and if there was 2. some way to hide in the backend the pages that they did not created. I still want all pages to be viewable to the superadmin from the backend and to everyone from the frontend. Thanks.
Hi,

Couch is really not geared for multi-user access to the admin-panel.
By default, as you know, all 'admins' are allowed access into the admin-panel, and once inside, all have full rights.

If, by chance, the desired segregation happens to be template specific (i.e. a particular admin requires access to only some particular templates), you may use the addon here - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10715

I, however, doubt that the suggested addon would suffice for your use-case.
For that, you'll have put in some extra effort and create a 'mini' admin-panel on the frontend -
our 'Advanced tutorial' shows how to do that - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981
I think, you should be able to tailor the tutorial to suit your use-case.

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1