Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

Can webp images be used in couchcms as optimising a website to load quicker etc and just seeing if webp images will be uploaded fine in the admin side or are they not accepted in that format?
I didn't use webp until today, but I think, they will handled as files like SVG. So they will not work with the image tags, but you can use the uploaded webp and show them.
SimonWpt wrote: I didn't use webp until today, but I think, they will handled as files like SVG. So they will not work with the image tags, but you can use the uploaded webp and show them.

Only way I can think of is uploaded the webp image file onto the server in the uploads folder and alter the image path within couchcms side to point to the webp file, is that the way you was thinking when said "but you can use the uploaded webp and show them"
SimonWpt wrote: ..... when said "but you can use the uploaded webp and show them"

No, I believe it refers to using the "File" tag.
In this case the image loads and appears in the frontend, but on the back end you will not have any preview.

Example:
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='image_webp'
        label='Image webp'
        desc='Upload Image'
        type='file' />

The problem is that even ckfinder does not allow to upload webp images, even by setting its configuration file correctly.
ramses2th wrote:
SimonWpt wrote: ..... when said "but you can use the uploaded webp and show them"

No, I believe it refers to using the "File" tag.
In this case the image loads and appears in the frontend, but on the back end you will not have any preview.

Example:
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='image_webp'
        label='Image webp'
        desc='Upload Image'
        type='file' />

The problem is that even ckfinder does not allow to upload webp images, even by setting its configuration file correctly.

Ahh ok I could try that way, be good if it could show the preview image in the back end but just a thought if the ckeditor could be updated to use ckeditor 5 as found this online which looks like it's a plugin for ckeditor and it supports the upload of webp images when reading the client configuration section https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor5/lat ... image.html
Sorry I got it wrong, for some reason I read it as ckeditor but realised you said ckfinder. I looked that up online and says webp images are allowed to be uploaded as read that under the client side configuration at https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor5/lat ... inder.html

Is it easy to update ckfinder to version 5 or is it already version 5 in couchcms?
I have tried to use the type 'file' editable region and tried uploading a webp file and it says Denied file extension

Is there something else I need to change?
Just sorted it, I found out the fileuploader was now using kcfinder instead of file uploader so in couch/includes/kcfinder/config.php is the allowed file types, it should be on or around line 53.

I added in webp and uploaded it and then changed the type from image to file and was then able to upload the webp file type, as others mentioned just can't see the image in the back end but can see it fine in the front end and works perfect
8 posts Page 1 of 1