Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! :) I have a question about Couch Calendar.

I want to use Couch calendar on every page with free and busy dates to display on this page. I don’t understand how to do it in a simple way.
In the admin panel, I want to enter busy dates in any form, then on the site page I show a calendar with these dates that I entered. Each page has its own calendar.

Please, help me :) Thank you!
Hi, see if this piece of documentation can be useful.
https://docs.couchcms.com/concepts/events-calendar.html
Thank you, @ramses2th! I looked at the documentation. But questions remained.

I have a template with pages of properties for rent, I need to show busy dates on each one. The dates will be entered manually for each object.
@Jiwa,

You did not post the details of your requirements but chances are that it would entail showing multiple 'spans' of 'booked' days (e.g. one from 28th of the current month to the 4th of the coming).

I'd suggest you use 'repeatable-region' (with 'start' and 'end' dates fields) to input all such periods (a single day booking can have the same start and end date).

Then use that data as input for some JS calendar library for displaying the months.
IMHO, that would be the easiest solution - trying to use Couch calendar for events spanning multiple days (possibly crossing over to adjacent months) will require quite a bit of additional coding; you can avoid that by using a JS library for the display.

Hope this helps.
@KK, you are absolutely right about multiple 'spans' of 'booked' days.

Thanks for the solution you suggested! I think this is what I need :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1