Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Is there a "user actions log" function in CouchCMS?
If not out of the box, would that be possible to create an entry somewhere every time someone makes a change and show what has been edited/updated on the page?

I know how to create an entry everytime the page is saved, and to show who saved it (I think).
But to show what has been edited since the last saved entry, I'm not sure how to start.

Any ideas? thanks!
Simple fields have a 'modified' state. This should be enough to do what you asked. Look for PHP examples in forum to loop fields.

Problematic part is, foreseeably, a Mosaic field, where it is not possible yet to know programmatically whether a tile exists and is being edited or added anew.
Thanks!
I have made some research and I can't find anything related to the "modified" state for simple fields.
Any ideas what I should look for?

Also, by simple fields, you mean "text", "image", and so on?
I would guess that repeatable regions are not "simple fields" right?

Thanks again
Fields have various properties, including modified property. Complete list is present in /couch/field.php, class KField. There are many examples of code in forum which use fields of page. Solution to your request requires PHP coding and can not be done via Couch tags alone.
4 posts Page 1 of 1