Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
HELP!!!!

I backed up the db, followed the instructions in upgrade.md and copied the couch folder to the server. Site (covinasunriserotary.com) is now dead!
Take a look at your server's error log; it will show you the exact problem (chances are it should be something in your custom code).
Logs show A BUNCH of fatal errors, mostly in /parser/parser.php. I don't see that file coming in from the update, but it must be there from my old installation.

PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/clupre/covinasunriserotary.com/couch/parser/parser.php on line 490
. I don't see that file coming in from the update, but it must be there from my old installation.

Which can only mean that not all files from the latest version were copied to your installation.
Please try uploading them all once more - you should not any fatal errors from the core if all files are properly replaced.
wysocki wrote: Logs show A BUNCH of fatal errors, mostly in /parser/parser.php. I don't see that file coming in from the update, but it must be there from my old installation.

PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/clupre/covinasunriserotary.com/couch/parser/parser.php on line 490

Terry, perhaps, overwriting did not happen? Overwrite the old files with new ones from github repo.

Anyways, I suggest to stop experimenting on the LIVE site and restore the backuped /couch folder back. :) Upgraded database will not be an issue :!: , as those upgraded bits are meant for the newest version and the older version does not look for new features in database. So, leave db as is i.e. upgraded, and restore the couch folder as it was pre-update. Finally, experiment and weed out the bugs and issues on your localhost, esp. the custom PHP code. Once everything is working as expected, rename the live server's working old couch folder to couch_old and copy the new folder in place. If something is broken on live server unexpectedly then a simple rename of the folders should make live site alive again.
Got it running! Not exactly sure what the problem was, but after several uploads and retrys the site came up. I THINK it's the current version (how do I find the current version running?).

Thanks a mil for the help, guys!
16 posts Page 2 of 2