Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a project, where I imported 2 GB images to uploads/image. The filelist freezed after opening for a looong time (chrome always asked to close the tab). Is the a way to speed up this process, i.e. on CLI?

Greetings
Bertram
Import via KCFinder's Upload makes sense only if Admin has no access to the filesystem on server. If it is not the case in your situation, I recommend uploading images via ftp/sftp. If browser-based uploading is a must, use less images to not crash the script.
Hello Trendoman,

I copied the images via ssh. But if you open KCFinder, the browser freezes for a long time (because generating thumbs from the images). Perhaps there is a image magick script for generating the images on CLI?

Greetings
Bertram
I do not have a script that generates thumbs for a given src folder. If I had an itch for writing one, I'd reuse couch/includes/kcfinder/lib/class_gd.php and others that provide many useful methods.

There is a built-in script in jcropthumb addon which is meant to be called directly and is controllable via querystring params - /couch/addons/jcropthumb/ajax.php - it does create thumbs and places them appropriately. Maybe you can use it as the "engine"?
4 posts Page 1 of 1