As per a request from trendoman via PM that I seem unable to reply to, I figured I'd write a post to explain why I'm "wandering about" here.

A year ago I went on a hunt for a lightweight CMS. I'd been using the big W of course but was wanting something for the more basic sites which is pretty much all I do. Mostly my own stuff but I have put together a couple of sites and also host them and that pays for the hosting of my own sites.

I've been through pretty much every CMS in Softaculous many times over the years and also checked out opensourcecms but never ran across Couch. I have one site that uses html5up.net's Spectral theme but the one cms I found that someone had already ported Spectral to turned out to be junk. With the combo of the theme and a few plugins I was using, no contact form plugin would work with it. I ended up with a 12mb lightweight cms site and a 100mb WP site that was only used for a contact page. It's been bothering me.

So I did a web search for "spectral ported to" and got no results. Tried a web search for "html5up ported to" and ran across a post here. Went through the crash course tutorial for the Portfolio Site, skipped some parts and now I have no more use for wp on my one page site with contact form. I'm sure I can swap a couple more sites to Couch and reduce the size from 2-300mb down to <50mb.(and have a working contact form and not have to learn markdown when I already know html or deal with plugins that get along with each other as well as intact, four legged males)

Other than that, I've just been reading and trying things, some from the docs, some from here in the forums. I have an h4 heading that is editable from the front end now. Very cool. The backend won't give people the deer in the headlights look. Also cool. I didn't bother fully porting Couch to the html template because it's my site and I'm fine with just editing the html. I just did enough to discover the workings of Couch.

I won't be an avid user of this or any cms. I'm an old blue collar guy who also likes tech and got interested in websites back in the mid 90s when external stylesheets were an up and coming thing. I'm not a web designer or web developer. I'm somewhat of what was once referred to as a webmaster. I live in a very rural place and half the people here don't know how to get on the internet aside from maybe their facebook app. Not many people clamoring for a website.

RE: CouchCMS - I like it.