Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm struggling to find any way of customising the 'Users' page under 'Administration' in the admin panel sidebar. I'm using extended users here. My previous sites have always had relatively few users, so finding them visually hasn't been a problem.

I'd expected that using cms:config_list_view in /users/index.php would reflect in the Users page - but it seems it doesn't.

I'd like to be able to sort and search by name, email address and by a custom postcode field - is this possible?
With 'extended-users' activated, the user template (users/index.php) and the 'Users' section under 'Administration' both essentially show the same data. This can be confusing to some. For such cases, we may use the solution given here -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11057&start=10#p28616

With the above in place, the core 'Administration/Users' section shows only the super-admin and admin accounts while the users/index.php shows the accounts created for the front-end users.

I'd expect that the large number of accounts you mentioned would be the accounts shown in users/index.php.
So now you can customize this template using <cms:config_list_view?. Also, you can set the sorting etc. that suits you.

Point is, <cms:config_list_view> placed in users/index.php will modify the view for that template only and not the 'Administration/Users' section. With the segregation of accounts, customizing only users/index.php should suffice.

Hope this helps.
@KK, thanks for the reply.

With this setup (the two sets of users segregated so that non-admins don't appear in the non-template users list), is there any way to give admin permissions to someone who has already signed up using the extended-users method?

(The difficulty is that this person would appear only in the 'template' list, and in that list there is no 'Role' field).
Only admins are permitted to access the control-panel, so none of the users created through extended-users will be able to enter the admin panel anyway (as admin level users cannot be created from the frontend).
But as far as I can see, even as a super admin with full access to the admin panel, I can't make an ordinary user into an admin if the users are separated in this way.
From the post that I linked to -
If for (perhaps debugging) you'd want to see all accounts listed here, add a &debug=1 to the URL in admin panel and that would remove this filter temporarily
Granting someone admin privileges is definitely a one off event - you can use the method above to find that particular user from the administration section and change her access level. Once the account becomes an admin, it will show up in the administration section automatically.
6 posts Page 1 of 1