Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
A client of mine can't seem to upload a mp4 file on their website, I looked for solutions on the forum and altered couple of the config files for the fileuploader and kcfinder but still can't seem to upload the mp4 file, the screenshot they have sent me is attached

Attachments

Hi,

From the screenshot it appears that the client is trying to upload the audio file within the 'images' folder (i.e. using the type 'image' editable region to upload a non-image) - this would explain the error message.

Please set up a type 'file' editable region for uploading non-images.

Hope this helps.
KK wrote: Hi,

From the screenshot it appears that the client is trying to upload the audio file within the 'images' folder (i.e. using the type 'image' editable region to upload a non-image) - this would explain the error message.

Please set up a type 'file' editable region for uploading non-images.

Hope this helps.

Ahh ok, I didn't even notice that, been a long day if can use that excuse haha. I'll add in a file editable field so they can upload it
Just logged into their cms admin side and the text editor is using ckeditor, is there a way to add the audio icon within that?
Check the file size and the server's upload limits to make sure your MP4 file isn't too large. Sometimes, that's the sneaky issue causing problems.
Next, have a look at your uploader config. Make sure it's set up to allow MP4 file extensions. Sometimes, it's just a simple config issue that can be sorted out.
If you've done all that and you're still stuck, try a different web browser. Sometimes, it's a browser-specific glitch that's causing the trouble.
If all else fails, consider converting the MP4 file to a different format using a platform. I usually use Movavi since it's easy, has all the features you need, and never makes my laptop glitch. It is the ticket to getting your file uploaded smoothly.
5 posts Page 1 of 1