Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello.

I CANNOT get Couch CMS to work once I get to the "enter your MySQL Database information" part?

So I've been trying to use what sounds like an amazing CMS called "Couch CMS" -- basically it's a free version of Perch CMS; Both of these allow you to create a static site in HTML and CSS (with some JavaScript if you want) and all you have to do is copy and paste some PHP code-snippets that they provide for you that make specific regions of your site editable, turn certain regions into a blog, etc. You don't have to know any PHP to use it whatsoever: The bare-minimum knowledge is some HTML and CSS. Sounds awesome right?

The problem is in the documentation. I started it off to follow along and convert my first static site when they began to ask me to enter the information for my MySQL database in order to make a site (this part here). I didn't know much about MySQL, but Hostgator(who I host with) allows me to access my MySQL databases, and I was told by a teacher that I would need to make a new one. Made a new database, named it the same as my user's name, added the user to the database, and gave it a password. I entered ALL OF THOSE inside of parenthesis like the picture above says to do, and I was still unable to even access the admin panel of my site like the next step of the documentation says I should be able to do(Yes, I uploaded the config.php page into my server, and this still happened :( ) This CMS seems amazing, but I can't even get past the first part.

The worst part is that the only documentation available for Couch is on the website. There are probably two videos online on how to use it, and they're in German or Polish, so I can't really get help there. Can anyone look over the documentation and see what it is I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
Hello and welcome!

Free version is cool, obviously, but it has its support limits (otherwise the developer of CouchCMS would have answered your email personally).

First, reattach the screenshot mentioned in the post. Second, maybe try installation on a local environment (xamp, wamp, ospanel, etc) before going to production server?
2 posts Page 1 of 1