Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there, apologies if this has been asked before - I couldn't find it, but that doesn't mean it's not there! (double apologies if it was me that asked previously!)
Basically I want to know how feasible it would be to include a mosaic in a databound form - so that a logged in user can add items to a mosaic on the front end. I have tested this (a while ago), it looks like it would be possible, but I just couldn't get it to work. Including the mosaic as a bound input seems to work, it's the actual buttons that won't fire to add tiles. I'm assuming that the various admin stylesheets and scripts that I am adding are not correct.
Any ideas? Or is it just not worth the hassle...
Cheers.
Hey, why not just use inline edit? It's available for admins (=your user is an admin, right?) Place a popup edit on the mosaic field as a whole (not separate fields) and you'll be adding tiles in no time and very comfortably.
Hi trendoman,
That's where my problem lies unfortunately. My client has this idea of a weightwatchers style site. So the users are all registered with accounts, but will not be admin. They should be able to add each item of food they eat, with calories (so they can calculate daily/weekly calories etc) - and I had thought that having a mosaic for them to choose food type would be ideal. Inline edit would be great, but I don't fancy having all those users as administrators :o
I might just roll it back and use good old fashioned repeatables for each food. I'm sure I've made databound repeatables work before, just need to figure out where :)
Cheers,
ewanmc
@ewanmc, I'd suggest the use of 'conditional fields' (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11512) with the repeatable regions - give a dropdown as the first field that then shows/hides rest of the fields; this way you can mimic mosaic in a way.

Hope this helps.
Hey KK, I hadn't thought of that. I've not actually used the conditional fields functionality yet - this gives me a reason/excuse to give it a go. Looks like it should do what I need it to with a bit of effort on my part :)
Many thanks as always!
5 posts Page 1 of 1