Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
In my view CKEditor5 is a big level up in usability for clients and developers. It's easy to embed videos, facebook/twitter content etc, and images are dealt with in a more usable way.

If you want to take an incomplete but functional fork that includes CKEditor5 in the admin screens:

https://github.com/jackhiggs/CouchCMS/commit/11485390500feeacea28c267aa3019d0e3df7403#diff-e26c5ea6f12259e5ae18049dc70edce5L821

What isn't supported are repeatable richtext regions. But normal richtext editable regions work just fine. I haven't analysed any potential security flaws or additional functionality that was baked into the current CKEditor - the code to instantiate editors that I replaced is complex.

It also requires a bit of config setup for image upload in CKFinder in includes.
Just wanted to say thanks for this, though I haven't tried it yet. I'm in the midst of developing something but had been wondering how CKEditor5 could be integrated into Couch in future. i'll have a look as soon as I have time.
Hey @jackhiggs, thank you for this amazing feature.
Backend works perfectly, but I'm stuck on how to implement the media oembed tag in the frontend. When i embed youtube or twitter post for an example - it renders on the backend, but it doesn't show on the front-end.

I've read the CKEditor5 documentation, and they are recommending using Iframely. Hovewer, Iframely is not free to use.
Is there any free solution for this problem? How did you solve it?

Thank you very much again for this amazing fork. I'm looking forward to your answer.
I've digged deeper. I've managed to install the self-hosted inframely on my VPS, and it works as supposed, but I am still unable to connect it on the front-end of my cms. Not sure how to call the script in order to transform the oembed tags to the media divs as intended.
I used embedly which is free. Not that performant but that hasn't mattered for my use case. I followed the CKEditor5 docs - basically you have to use Javascript to change the oembed tags that the CKEditor5 produces into an embedly card.

https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor5/lat ... ml#embedly
5 posts Page 1 of 1