Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello!

I'm new to CMS and of course to CouchCMS, first of all thank you for making such a simple efficient tool. Secondly, I would like to ask you about something that came to my mind as I was going through the portfolio section in the tutorial. Is it possible not to define the number of editable images that will be displayed in a project specific page, letting the user control this number through the couch panel somehow?. In other word, for instance in the tutorial portfolio template, we define 3 images for each project. But is it possible to add as much images as we like without having to put the tag in the code for that amount of times?. The reason to this question is that I'm trying to create a portfolio site, but in some projects I have 10 images and in others just 1, so How can I use a single template that when cloned can adapt to projects with different amount of images.

Hope you can help me out here!... well at least I hope you could understand my explanation! :lol:
Thank you very much!
Hi and welcome to our forums.

I understood your explanation completely.
We do have plans to introduce such kind of a 'repeating' editable region where the user can create as many (or the maximum number set by superadmin) instances of it as he wishes.

But, that has to wait a bit. For now we can use the hack as discussed in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=342.
The idea here is to create the maximum number of regions (10 in your case) in one go and then fill only as many as required. While displaying the contents, we check for the regions that are not empty and display only those.

I know, it is a hack but it works.
Hope this helps.
I'll do as you commented then. I hope this feature gets implemented someday, but at least there's this hack to work around it.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Christian
I also have interest in this addition. Is already known when this feature will be released in the new version?
Hi Martijn,

As it happens, this feature is almost complete (working currently to polish off some rough edges).
You can look forward to this getting released in the upcoming version that is due very shortly.
Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks. :)
Wow that it is good news. I've been hoping for that for a while.
7 posts Page 1 of 1