Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I built a website before for something completely different with CouchCMS, and, as someone who has tried Wordpress and the like before, I was thoroughly impressed and found the use of tags for retrofitting into an existing website to be a fantastic feature. I hope this awesome CMS continues to improve.

Now, onto my question... I'm looking to make a website that involves use of a form which sends an email to my own address (always the same address) after receiving PayPal payment for the same amount each time, and the email should contain details of the form submission in a format that I specify.

TLDR; I was wondering how I could go about making a form that, upon successful payment, send an email to my address with details of the form submission.

Would this be possible with CouchCMS? And if so, can someone tell me where to get started?

Thanks!
Hi,

Sending an email upon form submission is trivial. However, when you add 'successful payment' clause to it you are introducing an element that is beyond the control of the CMS - it can only send the visitor over to PayPal with whatever data has been supplied; once gone, it has no idea whether or not the visitor made the payment there.

It is PayPal which chooses to intimate the CMS about the visitor's actions via IPNs (notifications). You can find the details here - https://docs.couchcms.com/concepts/paypal.html

Perhaps it would help in your use-case.
I have created a couple of basic ecommerce sites where both the user and admin get sent confirmation emails, with the products purchased and other details included. I've maybe refined it a bit since I posted this, but this should hopefully give you an example of working with the paypal checkout.js flow and couch together.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11650#p31266
The way I finally ended up doing this had little to do with couch unfortunately. I used a paypal button to create a form then used https://github.com/angelleye/paypal-ipn-template as a PayPal IPN template as I couldn't understand or get couch's IPN integration working.
4 posts Page 1 of 1