Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been asked to do a new website with a CMS integrated which isn't a problem but they want a couple of features that wondering if could be done within couchcms, I think at least one of them can be

1) They want a system where they can upload forms onto a server to store as archive/backup and then access if and when required as currently they just store the forms on a hard drive as recently the hard drive failed so maybe lost the forms if data can't be recovered, the page does not need to be accessed on the front end as will have clients data on as they run a care business so is more for the backend, also for this permissions will be needed so the manager can access everything but the staff will be restricted in what they can access and do so thinking extended users will be good for this

2) The other system needed is where forms can be online and be used to calculate travel automatically so they don't need to add it up manually, again does not need to be accessed on the front end as will be just for staff only

I think point 1 can be done within couchcms but unsure about point 2 and may need to build a seperate admin system for point 2

Any advice or what can be done within couchcms would be really appreciated

Thank you in advance
Having dealt with similar stuff earlier, I can advise to plan everything very carefully before executing. Provide room for extending planned features and care for unplanned features that will be asked for afterwards. Clients are always like this, asking for a form to be online and then (suddenly) then need it accessible via pda, printed/mailed, edited, updated etc.
Thank you for the reply and advice, appreciate it. Will keep that all in mind
3 posts Page 1 of 1