Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a little question about accessibility. Talking about public section of a web site, the accessibility can be reached with right html tags and aria tags combined with right css and a good testing. These tasks in Couch are relatively simple because is simple to make the structure of a page/site. But what about the administrative section? In Couch 2.x the admin pages are accessible for the blind? Can Couch admin section be used with screen readers or other assistive technologies?

Thanks.
Hi,

I don't think the admin panel, out of the box, has this kind of accessibility features.
However, since you mentioned -
the accessibility can be reached with right html tags and aria tags combined with right css and a good testing

- I think it shouldn't be too difficult to add the things you mentioned into the admin-panel to try and make it compatible.

Please see the 'Advanced theming' section in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10241. It shows how to override the templates that constitute the default admin-panel - you may try doing that and then add the aria tags etc.

Do let us if you can get to make the admin-panel conform to low vision accessibility.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, great stuff. If you need a helping hand, let me know. I do not know much yet about accessibility as I am more inclined to do the server-side coding, but I'll be glad to learn a few tricks and help you get the theme updated. I am sure, Couch would benefit and perhaps adopt the changes to the mainstream.
3 posts Page 1 of 1