Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

Just a quick question, is there a way to import blog posts from a wordpress site into a couchcms site as a potential customer is thinking of moving from wordpress to myself to build a site for them and then integrate couch into the site but they have quite a lot of blog posts and thought if there was any way to import them rather than saving the text and images from each blog post and then adding the blog posts
I can do it - making up a script to get posts from a database to database.
trendoman wrote: I can do it - making up a script to get posts from a database to database.

That would be amazing, I did think of something like that using a script to get posts from the wp database to the couchcms db

The customer is thinking about it at the mo but could be a really good feature/add on for future
If you customer decides to go for it, contact me about this custom work.
trendoman wrote: If you customer decides to go for it, contact me about this custom work.

No probs will do, thank you
I think I have found a system script that should do the job, I found one on github at https://github.com/lial/dbcopier
Okay. Also check out db migration tool I coded a while ago, as a source of your inspiration viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11085 It doesn't do the wordpress->couch migration, only couch->couch migration though.
Thank you appreciate it, I'll take a look at it and maybe able to make a wp to couch system from it

I'll give it a go and see what I can do
Okay, you are the boss :)
Mind that I can't provide support on that freely published bunch of code.
It's ok probs
12 posts Page 1 of 2