Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've stumbled upon a specific issue - is there a way to allow certain users with level Admin edit other Admins data? I've found on forum way for admins to create new admins, but not to "edit" data of other admins.

For example, these admin pages are via extented users addon linked with certain profile pages - which hold additional data, related fields, owned blogposts etc...some of these users ( blog-authors ) are admins...and while 2 "editors", or admins whose job is to manage all these relations can change data for lower levels, it generates "cheating" msg when they try to save changes for other admins.

Basically what I am looking for is to delegate to chosen admins ( 2 of them ) ability to manage other admins as superadmin can, and keep superadmin level just for dev access. Or if needed, allow it for all admins ( which php file, which line? ) - since just these 2 willl ever use it.

Thanks in advance for any hints...
Hi,

I don't think that would be possible without custom coding.
Hi KK,

So I thought. Anyway, before I embark on this journey, the only reason why some admins have admin lvl access is because we need them to have on-page editing access ( which forced us to upgrade their lvl from authenticated users ) - admin panel is hidden from them anyway.

Couldnt this issue be solved easier by modifying onpage edit addon to allow access to its databound forms to this (now lower than admin ) users? There's no problem to show edit links to lower lvls users ( via logged ID check ) - but is there mby easier way to allow them access to modify data?

( and yes, i know it could be done via building databound forms but it's basically duplicating onpage addon functionality with just little twist and much more work such as change a lot of imgs from image to securefile etc )

So the question is - can we decrease needed user lvl access for onpage editing easier then change inbuild user logic?
Or better still - what exactly might go wrong, if I edit conditions in user.php lines 183 and change bigger or equal condition to just >, and line 257 which handles saving data?
The inline editing module basically exposes the actual links to the admin-panel on the frontend.
And since the admin-panel, as you know, is strictly off limits for non-admins, I don't see any simple way of granting them selective access.

I am sorry but creating your own DBF forms seems to be the only way in this case.
5 posts Page 1 of 1